'36 Ford Truck (Trey's Truck)

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek: Whoa dude, your headers are turning all blue and purple!
I love it! [cl[cl[cl

[P[P[P

Nothing like band new headers getting broke in!

Found a huge vacuum leak so I bet it was running a bit lean!

We need to button up a few things and I'll get a better video of it at idle.

Last edited:
Sounds good

The truck looks and sounds like it is about ready for it's maiden run.[cl Congratulations on a fine build!
Can't wait to see is cruisin' around. It will be a blast. I just suspended the insurance on mine because the rains have come. I hope you can drive yours soon.
I do have question if you don't mind. Are you at all concerned with idling the new engine/cam at such a low RPM? With the lack of zinc and phosphates in the oil cam break-in procedure is usually running the engine at 1800 RPM's for about 25-30 minutes. I am not being critical just curious about the possibility of learning a new process. I always worry about heat in a new engine and when they are stationary with no flow over the radiator problems can occur.
Anyway congratulations again and drive it like you stole it. Later

Steve

We used Royal Purple Break-in oil and what you don't see on the video was the 20 min cam break-in. My old boss from the auto machine shop would beat me to with-in an inch of my life if I didn't break the cam in!

Got a pic of the finished deal?

Just found this thread and read the whole thing. Trey's a lucky dude to have someone with talent and experience to show him the way. My dad was great and showed me how to lift weights and play football but he couldn't hardly change oil without stripping off a bolt! Different strokes!

Last edited:
Whoops

See that it's not finished yet. Sorry about asking for a finished pic! Guess you'd like to see that too. As if theyre ever finished....

We have been very busy working on everything except the truck lately. We have a goal for Trey to drive it to school before the end of the school year. We finished the floors and will be removing the cab to paint the firewall and underside. Then it will be bolted on the frame for good. We have the wiring harness and everything to finish the brakes and clutch lines. Hope to have that finished picture soon!

Dropped off the measurements at North West Drive line this morning for the driveshaft. Should be ready Tuesday!

We built the trans tunnel and did a little work on the floors.

Floors_zps6b9d855b.jpg

Last edited:
Got any pics of the kugel clutch and brake system mounted under the dash, thinking of going that route on my 37 Dodge?

Hey Bruno, took me a while to get some pics but here are a few. I used some brackets I had left over from a piece of equipment I installed at work. They are 1/8" steel angles that I cut down for the mounts. The left side will need an extension at the bottom of the bracket where the fire wall pushes out toward the engine. The right side is flush to the new section of firewall I added. Kugel provide an additional bolt hole at the dash side of the bracket but I had to cut it off to make it fit under our dash. I will make a mount to bolt it under the dash from the top. It's a tight fit on our 36' because of the way Ford has the big step in the firewall but I used a 90deg fitting on the clutch master to make it work. The brake master interferes with the cowl vent handle so I'm making a remote operator for it.

I picked up the driveshaft yesterday from Northwest Driveline. Great guys to work with!

image_zpsd4b5fffd.jpeg

image2_zps5660b68f.jpg

image3_zpsf1850a44.jpg

We've been working on the truck quite a bit. We welded up the firewall and floors, Upholstered the seat, rebuilt the rear brakes, finished the steering column, finished the brake pedal mount and added a dual quad manifold and carbs. Tonight we started making the bed frame and mounts so we had to do some more mocking up.

DSCF0726_zps64c96f9e.jpg

DSCF0725_zpse2c156fd.jpg

DSCF0727_zps5383ae32.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. We worked yesterday and all day today. We are hoping it will move under it's own power for the Austin County show March 8th.

!!!!! Drove the truck last night !!!!!!!

It was just two trips around the block but we did it! It was late so no video but my wife took this picture.

1898274_10203315036858455_825924252_n_zps928b62d5.jpg

Will get a video today!

Latest posts

Back