38 Fiat Topolino build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here ya go Maddog.....
116_0502_1z1937_Fiat_Topolinodriver.jpg

coming along nicely maddog, i'm digging on the black on that other one - are you painting it down the line? or sticking with mother natures paint job?

Keep going M.D.,
My .02 on the front axle would be just in front of the body, that way you can get it low the way you want..

Either way, you're makin good progress.

loner or one of many ?

Heres my .02. Rat or rod = RAT wins, Axle location = WAY out front wins , Chop = no chop, However , you are starting out of the box , so any way that looks good to YOU will be right. Got any savy car buds who can come over and talk you out of doing things that you think are cool but really arent.That worked well for me . Every change I made and some I didnt was looked at and discussed by a number of good friends who werent afraid to tell me I was getting off track and they were not offended when I did not listen to what they sugested. Keep the info coming its great. LFE

coming along nicely maddog, i'm digging on the black on that other one - are you painting it down the line? or sticking with mother natures paint job?

I like that black too. Not flat (no offense Flatbroke) but black with kind of a sheen. Not glossy either.

I am trying to stay on a semi fast track by doing only what has to be done when it has to be done. (does that make sense?:eek:)

Plans change, but right now I want to get it on the road, shake it down, fix the stuff I have to and then take it apart and paint it.

I know what your thinking, and your right. It may not come apart for a long time. I just dont know.

We have one that was built in the late 60 and raced in the late 60 and 70s. we ran it about 8 years ago and now it just goes to show. We had it at the wheels of time show this year. Its a great little car.

The car runs a sbc with a 2 speed hydro. center seat.

One of these days when I figure out how to post my picture I will post a picture of it.

Looks good, Maddog. Last time I was over there, you weren't in the new shop yet. I'll agree with the others - no chop wins. Besides, as pressed as you'll be for space with your short wheelbase plan, a more upright seating position will be more comfortable, anyway.

I'm with you on wheelbase, too, though there was a bitchen tube-chassied Competition Coupe-styled concept in The Rodders' Journal a year or two back in a bunch of drag-inspired Steve Stanford renderings.

EDIT: Of course, Chris Froggett can realy render a cool Topolino, too:
ShortFusepic_r5_c1.jpg

http://www.atomichighboy.com/pages/ShortFuse.htm

Last edited:
I found the front wheels.:D
Got them for $600:eek:
Never been on a car, not even one mile.:D

What exactly are they? Anyone know?

Even though I dont know exactly what they are, the price is right and they are new, so I'm using them.

Now I can move on to other things.
Anyone got any 31 spline ford 9" axles?:D

Attachments

• 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 52
  • 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 23
Lookin' good!!!

Maddog. They could very well be ET wheels from team III. Click on the below link then move your cursor over the wheel to see the "as cast" finish.

I'm pretty sure that's what they r! Same ones I'm usin' on my Crosley Altered... love 'um & they still look good when u use disc brakes! Maddog... u're car's gonna look awesome!!!

BoB

I was looking at the same style wheels for mine when I built it. Those are my favs. but I couldn't resist the $75. set of SS wheels I got.
Congrats on the buy, those will set the tone for the rest of the build. IMO, the perfect wheel for what you are doing.

That is going to be one nice ride..( I have 31 spline 9" axles)

Hey maddog...

I have 9" Ford 31 spline axles, I have 4.

2 from a 76 F-150, 2 from a 77 F-150 Custom Cab, I have the backing plates, drums with hardware also.

If you need a pair I will check them and see if they are straight on the ends and can be shortened.

Richard.

Back