39 chevy truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breezy

Started working on this. Found a use for the front fenders. Tell what you all think.

Attachments

• 2012-10-31_16-59-53_945.jpg
    2012-10-31_16-59-53_945.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 2012-10-31_17-00-33_983.jpg
    2012-10-31_17-00-33_983.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 70
Interesting for sure however are you going to use the rear end with the duallies? If so the front of the fenders will look out of place without widening them ;) I will be watching this thread [P[P[P

I am with bruce, I think they will look a little out of place. I think I would leave the fenders on the front, then maybe craft new ones for the back....

I am with bruce, I think they will look a little out of place. I think I would leave the fenders on the front, then maybe craft new ones for the back....
Well I just set them on there for now. Not running the duals. I was thinking some 14" wide wheels in back. Skinnys up front. Model A front. Still collecting parts. The fenders might stay might not. Don't want a cookie cutter truck.

From the rear it looks ok, looking at the front of the fender, something definitely looks out of place, possibly the angle of the shot, but it looks like the rear section sticks out further than the front, and that would be a visual issue in my opinion.

Not to say that you cant do some work and get the look you are after.

I like the fenderless highboy look. You almost need to have 4 fenders - cut them in half and weld the front sections together.

I think it has a bobbed look like Milners coupe in American Graffeti. I do wish I had some half ton fenders for the front and another set of running boards. Cab is moving back on frame and lowering 15 inches on the stock frame. If I have it figured out correct frame will be 4 inches off the ground. Raise floor 3 inches to cover frame. Take 4 inches out of grill and build a bed out of 67 short narrow I found.

Latest posts

Back