40's IH Chevy dodge RPU

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noise

Well it's started up and ran on it own last night! Fired the day before but had some fuel and vacuumed lines screwed up. Put fuelin the tank and got the fuel inlet figured out and one crank fired it right up. :D:D:D

Nice idle and bad &$$ rumble from the header. Hopefully get some coolant lines and wires buttoned up then get some video!

Kurt

First drive

Well made it out last night for the first cruze. Vacuum booster started leaking and stopped it from shifting out of first gear. :confused:

Got it replaced this morning and hit the freeway. Well mostly back roads to my first show. The Rose city round up. [cl.

Needs a little more tuning on the carbs but ran great down the road. Shifting good, freeway at 2800 rpm. Back at the shop checking nuts & bolts and replacing my burnt out 6volt headlights [S

Can't wait for the rest of summer now

Kurt

photo's

Got a fewpic's with my phone.:D

Attachments

• 2013-06-15 16.00.17.jpg
    2013-06-15 16.00.17.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 2013-06-15 16.01.09.jpg
    2013-06-15 16.01.09.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 69
Finally and very cool

Hey Kurt it sure was good seeing you and your rat at the Hillsboro event and congratulations on taking home the award.[cl Your ride is with out a doubt the best example around of a true rat. Way out of the box and wild. Thanks for sharing. Later Steve

Getting my chop on

Still tuning the carbs but been to a few shows so its time to lower the top [;)

A little layout and bracing then got started with the cutoff wheels

Kurt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 29
Couldn't wait for a glimps into the future so I set some pieces in place for the camera.

Now just 40 hrs of welding and hammering:eek:

Kurt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 67
Hi Kurtm333, Keep up the good work, but you're going to have everyone swinging over to building Internationals with inline motors. It looks like your cab top fit back down nicely, horizontally, at least.
Keep on tinkering.

1/2 inch

Ya it's less than a 1/2" to narrow at windshield. That should be easy to compensate.

Spent the last 2 hours making body clamps so I can start welding the top back on.[;)

Kurt

Even better

Wow Kurt the chop is perfect. Now you will need a stoplight prism. I bet you will be at DQ this or next week. How was the Billetproof show? I would believe your ride was one of the best there. I heard about a sedan but it turns out the guy does not want to sell it yet. I will keep my ears open. Congrats on more good work. I will be gone on vacation for a couple of weeks so when I get back I am sure you will have the IH running and looking great. Thanks for sharing. later
Steve

Been following this build especially since i have a ih and im very impressed! Im no fabricator by any means but youve knocked this out fast and it looks very kool. Love the chop.:D RR

Billet prof

Billet proof was awesome, a lot of nice cars and rats. I got a lot of traffic at the truck but I don't think the show promotors are big RatRod fans and there certainly wasn't a class for us but that might be due to no rat rod clubs volunteering. It's always great to be around a bunch of gear heads though.

Started the chop Tuesday after I thought I was bored with the IH as its almost done, got the A pillars welded up today and the door post's tacked yesterday. Need the get the 3" piece's sheared tomorrow so I can hopefully get it all welded this weekend. Next week glass.

Thanks for looking ratrodney, I have a moto, just get started.
I've learned a lot being a garage fabricator and enjoy the process as much as the the finish well probably more really. Already looking for a body for my next build and I have two cars at home needing motor rebuilds :D

Kurt

Hello Kurt3,
I have to agree with you on getting as much out of building as the driving around afterwards. Of course, It's been a long time since I have got to drive one of my creations, but my time is coming. Building is very satisfying.
I should take a lesson from you and 'get started' on things sooner rather than 'Imagineering them' to death, first.
Keep on tinkering.

Latest posts

Back