'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My after market mc is rear reservoir to front brake circuit/ rear brakes from front reservoir and the rear reservoir is the larger one too...

My after market mc is rear reservoir to front brake circuit/ rear brakes from front reservoir and the rear reservoir is the larger one too...

It's really hard to tell which one is the larger of the two reservoir on this plastic thing. I'll get it plumbed in tomorrow.
It's all fun and games but I really hate to do things twice to get it right.
Thanks for the input.

Got my brakes plumbed today. Just need to bleed them tomorrow and wire the brake light switch and line lock. Then I'll be through with the wiring.
WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone used a electric line lock like this? Might as well have a little fun with this thing.

Attachments

• IMG_3626.jpg
    IMG_3626.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3638.jpg
    IMG_3638.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
The trick is to only partially apply the front brakes, then you can do hellacious long rolling burnouts![cl

You've done really well on this build. Only one year as of 18th of this coming month [cl

When I got this thing home, my plan was spend a little time on it, get it legal and just drive it. My how things changed. I've spent every spare dollar I can come up with, still not legal and haven't driven it at all.

The only thing that hasn't changed is my bride still thinks I'm crazy.
She may be right but I'm still having fun so all is well.
Maybe I will be driving it by the 18th of next month. That would be special.

The trick is to only partially apply the front brakes, then you can do hellacious long rolling burnouts![cl

Some how that still qualifies as fun in my books even at my age. I've had my share of tickets for "EXHIBITION OF SPEED". I never have understood that term. Not much speed involved.

All stop and no go!

Another step closer. l got the brakes bled out today.
After finding a rotted bladder in my power bleeder I was faced with the same age old dilemma of no body to pump the pedal.

I went to NAPA to get a set of speed bleeder screws but too cheap to pay $10 a piece for them. The counter guy told me to try this thing and if I didn't like it, bring it back for a refund even after using it. He claims no one has ever returned one. So I figured what the heck.....

I'm pretty hard to impress sometimes but this thing is slick.

It has a magnet on it to hold it above the wheel you're bleeding. Plug the tapered rubber thingy into the end of the bleed screw, crack it open, and pump the pedal slowly. It let's the air escape and siphons fluid back instead of air. Close the bleed screw and move on.

Bled the system by myself in 15 minutes with no mess at all.
All this for a measley $5.

Attachments

• IMG_3645.jpg
    IMG_3645.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_3646.jpg
    IMG_3646.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3647.jpg
    IMG_3647.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3641.jpg
    IMG_3641.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3643.jpg
    IMG_3643.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 29
That's pretty slick! I've been using the "hose from the bleeder valve down into a bottle of brake fluid" method when nobody is around. That method uses alot of fluid but gets them bled pretty good. That little rig would be easier to manage and probably not very wasteful.

I filled the master cylinder to start with and just poured the fluid back that bled into the bottle since everything was new in the brake system. When it was said and done I only added maybe a quarter of a cup of fluid to top it off.

It's the little things in life that surprise you some times. Best $5 bucks I've spent in a while.

That's one of those things that could certainly speed up a solo job. Think I'll check my Napa store and see if they have one.

That's great Pops! I didn't have any help to start with either, so I gravity bled my brakes. Fill the master, crack open the rearmost bleeder valve, let sit for a while. It got me close enough that only a light manual bleeding was required to have full brakes. If I had of had one of those bottles I could have done it all myself, going to have to look into those!

Five bucks! I'll bet I can scrounge around my shop and find all the needed parts and make one in a couple hours! Likely get it all done for less than $50 parts and labor. :D

Latest posts

Back