4x4 Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ivanogburn

Anyone ever take a 30s-40s sedan and turn it into a raised 4x4?
I couldn't find anything with a search, but I sure would like to see how they turn out.

My old ride.

I put this 1927 ford coupe on a 1981 CJ7 chassis back in 2000.:eek:
Funny part is that it fit that cj7 chassis like it was made for it.[;)
It had the 153 4cyl engine with 4 speed manual trans.
I had a lot of fun with it,then sold body to streetrod guy and parted out jeep chassis.

Attachments

• user16484_pic9878_1305488429.jpg
    user16484_pic9878_1305488429.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 137
I have a buddy who put about a 30 Plymouth sedan on an early 80's Wagoneer frame. He kept the axles and the xfer case but changed the engine / trans. to a 455 Pontiac / Turbo 400. He did nice job too. It ran great and looked good.

I know someone with a Model A sedan built into a mud truck. They split the body and added in to make it wider for more room inside and the fenders to cover some of the tires. I think it would look nicer the stock width and narrower axles though.
I had a bucket T body on a Jeep chassis, it was for off road only and had no fenders. Had a lot of fun with that thing!

I am thinking about buying a 1940 Chevy sedan and mounting it on a 80s Chevy 4x4 frame. But I am sure I would catch heck from the truck folks, the hot rodders, the rat rodders and everyone else!:p

Yes trucks look great that way and are somewhat normal but this is what I was thinking of.

5id5e95h83ic3na3l0c8b67.jpg

I put this 1927 ford coupe on a 1981 CJ7 chassis back in 2000.:eek:
Funny part is that it fit that cj7 chassis like it was made for it.[;)
It had the 153 4cyl engine with 4 speed manual trans.
I had a lot of fun with it,then sold body to streetrod guy and parted out jeep chassis.

Man, I DIG that "T." And I totally hate "Mud Boggers." That's just too cool not to like! [;)[cl:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

Whenever I can find myself a new house with a bigger shop I think that is going to be the fate of my old Jeep. Put some sort of truck body on it.....

The guy that does my sand blasting has a 38 Chevy coupe on an old Blazer 4x4 frame and suspension.......next time I go there I will shoot some pics.

Lungs

Latest posts

Back