50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how you feel. Been dealing with that my self since June.
Your truck is looking great.
Torchie.

I know that feeling. That is a big thing holding me back also.

May be it's a "Michigan Thing":eek:
The work that I have been doing on the truck(redoing the chop) is all things that I have the material on hand for.
The boat project is at a complete standstill and soon I will be running out of good weather.:(
Here's to better days ahead for all of us.:D
Torchie.

Little bit of line progress

Working on the hard lines & rubber lines for the trans.
Also made a bracket which will probably need some tweaking, but its a start.

Also picked up another bender for 5/16" lines, and another one for 3/16 which is on the way... I'll never again buy a cheap bender, these rigid benders work awesome.

Attachments

• DSC05220.jpg
    DSC05220.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC05221.jpg
    DSC05221.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC05222.jpg
    DSC05222.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 61
That is some CLEAN work! I picked up some 90 degree elbows for my radiator at O'Reilly and brought my lines to one side, I'll see if I can find a pic, worked out really well.

A Little Routing Goes A Long Way

These are the little guys I was referring to, they can be positioned at any angle, as they have a built in compression fitting fork really wel, but they were like $7 a piece, great for tight spaces.

Build looks GREAT keep it up, I'm loving it!

Attachments

• 0901131828d.jpg
    0901131828d.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 0901131828a.jpg
    0901131828a.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 49
These are the little guys I was referring to, they can be positioned at any angle, as they have a built in compression fitting fork really wel, but they were like $7 a piece, great for tight spaces.

Build looks GREAT keep it up, I'm loving it!

Ahhh those, yes I thought you had meant for the radiator hoses, yea I considered that option, but the way I decided to run the hoses straight back worked out nice, and two less tight 90 degree fittings is a good thing.

Thanks for the idea!

Lines look real nice!!! Good work, not like the idiot I got my project from. Never noticed he ran hard lines from the trans and tied them to the frame!!! Obviously that is not a good situation.

Lines look real nice!!! Good work, not like the idiot I got my project from. Never noticed he ran hard lines from the trans and tied them to the frame!!! Obviously that is not a good situation.

Agreed, mine are hard line to the bracket, then fittings to go to rubber line from there to the radiator, have to have some flex somewhere or you are cracking lines...

You are welcome to use my benders anytime!

Most factory trans lines are hard lined from trans to radiator tied to the block 1/2 way up. The long section to the trans alows some minor movement without worrying about cracks. Going from trans to fram would not be good though! Looks good DR [P

Little bit more progress, worked on the rear sway bar end links and brackets, I got one side welded in, and one side extended. Hopefully finish these up tomorrow.

Sway bar end links pics

They are in primer, and I need to adjust the bar over to the driver's side a little, but its done, paint tomorrow and all the suspension is done... finally...

Attachments

• DSC05231.jpg
    DSC05231.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC05232.jpg
    DSC05232.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 81
Nice clean set up. Very impressive.
What are your plans on the body finish? Paint?
Your under carriage is slick.
Sorry if I missed this in a previous post.
I'm too lazy to go back and look.

Nice clean set up. Very impressive.
What are your plans on the body finish? Paint?
Your under carriage is slick.
Sorry if I missed this in a previous post.
I'm too lazy to go back and look.

Thanks, the fun part is spraying them with something to cool them before the bushings melt :)

I really don't know what way I will go on the body, I guess in the back of my mind I really want it all one color, which is the color of the frame (mostly flat stainless steel color), and a heavy flake red roof, maybe some red accents on the arrows on the quarter panels... but then part of me doesn't want to paint the front pieces at all, so we will have to see where it goes...

Just been plugging away at welding the bottom of the cab floor, just stitching here and there from the sheet metal to the framework... couple weeks off yet on getting the roller over to the fill station... need some funds, clamps, fluids, etc...

Latest posts

Back