50s Ford F1 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pics as promised

Almost done with the shock mounts, just need a little more time to weld in some gussets and a bar across.

Attachments

• DSC05195.jpg
    DSC05195.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC05196.jpg
    DSC05196.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC05197.jpg
    DSC05197.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC05198.jpg
    DSC05198.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 74
  • DSC05199.jpg
    DSC05199.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 82
Thank you!
Tonight I finished up the shock mounts, added the gussets, and a cross bar.
I noticed I made a slight height error on one side, but it should not affect the function of the shocks, but hey its a rat right? heh heh.

Maybe I'll get some pics tomorrow when its all back together.

Error?

I see nothing and you are definitely the only one that will know it exists.
If I catch anyone with a tape measure or a level near mine I'm gonna
Blame it on being old and my give a damn was broke that day.

Looking really good man.

One of the first thing I used to teach my students is to never say "Ooop's". All it does it draw attention to the fact that you screwed up.
I think you should cut it out and do it over right this time[ddd
Looks great. Keep rolling.
Torchie.

Last edited:
goin goin goin...

Front end back together.
Wiring has begun, at least to get the thing fired up...

Attachments

• DSC05201.jpg
    DSC05201.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC05202.jpg
    DSC05202.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC05203.jpg
    DSC05203.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 56
  • DSC05204.jpg
    DSC05204.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC05205.jpg
    DSC05205.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 58
Have fun with that harness buddy!!! I have been putting off starting on the one for the bike. Just don't feel like doing that much soldering right now.....

Not a lot to report lately, I've been taking a break from fab work to work on wiring and radiator hoses which are going to be interesting as I need to get to the parts place to get some more hoses...

Wiring is going well, I'll snap some pics soon.

Nothing big to report, have worked a little on wiring, but my little one's birthday party was over the weekend, then we both got a stomach bug that made us miss monday's work and school... blah...

More to come on wiring soon.

On a side note I've kind of fell in love with a 34 oldsmobile I found for sale, and seriously contemplating sorting out how I can buy some or all of it... probably call the guy tomorrow to see if I can come look at it... I love my rat rod, and I'll be finishing it first, but I really do want to own one of the great cars of the 30s.... love the cars of the 30s...

DR, get the Olds. You have zzrodder's builds to use as a guide.

Went and looked at it today, looks like someone started patching the bottom sides and rear fenders before the current owner got it... :mad: was frustrated at its condition, it looked like someone was trying to learn to weld...

I was really hoping for something I could keep close to stock looks wise and not have a ton of work to do on the body... no such luck... just going to pass for now on it and refocus on getting this truck done again, finally feeling better...

That's a bummer on the olds........ I really want a 30s car also, but probably not going to happen....... Keep pluggin away on the truck, we need to get yours and mine out together next summer!!!

Latest posts

Back