52 Dodge Truck in Chattanooga, TN

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garage-Bound

Chattanooga, Tennessee...Go Chatt' Rats... WHOOP!
So, got the '52 Dodge truck, Dana 70 dually, '70 Chevy C10 doner truck all in one spot. Pulled the engine, tranny (small block 350, turbo 350 trans), heater stuff (fan, heather core, controls, etc), key switch, radiator, instrument cluster, all shifting linkage, etc, brake pedal assembly, sold the steering column for 65.00, sold the 6 lug wheels and tires for 100.00, sold the rest of the truck for 350.00! Paid 250.00 for doner truck!

Buying a '75 mustang 2 on Monday that has all the front end suspension parts I will be needing, whole car, with running 289 and auto trans for 400.00. I will get what I want, part out the rest, sell drive train, and scrap the rest. I should also come out ahead on this as well.

A 4 barrel quadrajet was given to me that I cleaned up today. A friend has a Holly quadrajet that he rebuilt and used for only 2 weeks on his 454 before buying a bigger carb that he plans on giving to me for free!

Have to buy 2X4 X 3/16 square tubing next for the new frame to be made out of.

Here are a few pictures of what's now acquired

pics,pics, pics ??

sounds like a good plan.

pics?

be sure and check the firewall clearance, l had to recess mine to clear every thing.

Later :cool:

Pictures

Here is the truck on the trailer with the Dana 70 dually

Attachments

• truck on trailer.jpg
    truck on trailer.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 43
New Build Pictures

So, got the '52 Dodge truck, Dana 70 dually, '70 Chevy C10 doner truck all in one spot. Pulled the engine, tranny (small block 350, turbo 350 trans), heater stuff (fan, heather core, controls, etc), key switch, radiator, instrument cluster, all shifting linkage, etc, brake pedal assembly, sold the steering column for 65.00, sold the 6 lug wheels and tires for 100.00, sold the rest of the truck for 350.00! Paid 250.00 for doner truck!

Buying a '75 mustang 2 on Monday that has all the front end suspension parts I will be needing, whole car, with running 289 and auto trans for 400.00. I will get what I want, part out the rest, sell drive train, and scrap the rest. I should also come out ahead on this as well.

A 4 barrel quadrajet was given to me that I cleaned up today. A friend has a Holly quadrajet that he rebuilt and used for only 2 weeks on his 454 before buying a bigger carb that he plans on giving to me for free!

Have to buy 2X4 X 3/16 square tubing next for the new frame to be made out of.

Here are a few pictures of what's now acquired

Here is a new picture of cab with rear end behind it right about where it will go. I will have a 4' bed after I shorten and narrow it! SWEET!

Attachments

• dodge rear view.jpg
    dodge rear view.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 32
Free Leaf Springs (kinda)

Here is a new picture of cab with rear end behind it right about where it will go. I will have a 4' bed after I shorten and narrow it! SWEET!

Free is correct, my buddy Denny hooked me up, but the "kinda" comment is that they are not your typical leaf springs. They came out of a mini van and I think they are fiberglass. Just one, thick band per side; however, the hangers impressively stout. Since I am going with a 4 ft bed, I may have to shorten them, best I can tell is that they are riveted into the brackets and does not appear to be a problem to shorten.

Loaded pictures

Free is correct, my buddy Denny hooked me up, but the "kinda" comment is that they are not your typical leaf springs. They came out of a mini van and I think they are fiberglass. Just one, thick band per side; however, the hangers impressively stout. Since I am going with a 4 ft bed, I may have to shorten them, best I can tell is that they are riveted into the brackets and does not appear to be a problem to shorten.

Somehow three photos did not load.

Attachments

• side profile.jpg
    side profile.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 27
  • bed and clip.jpg
    bed and clip.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back