53 buick drivetrain swap?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update
my gal just veto'd my 5.9L 24 v turbo cummins diesel idea.
i found one for a fair price
but that woman just wont listen to reason....
;)

Her- no billy
Me-but honey. that buicks heavy, it NEEDS 305 hp and 672ft lbs@1600 rpm torque
Her-no billy
Me- but honey
etc.

update
my gal just veto'd my 5.9L 24 v turbo cummins diesel idea.
i found one for a fair price
but that woman just wont listen to reason....
;)

She probably wants a 12 valve. Lol better engines IMO lol

Just convince her that it will be cheaper in the long wrong because of the better fuel mileage. :D

if this build was for me
i would be tempted just for the fun of having the freakish union of a classic car with the clattering racket of the 5.9L and a ton of power
not to mention smoke.....
;)

I had a 53 2 dr hrdtop that I left the 264 str8 in. I fabbed a 3x2 intake and made my own header. it was slow off the line but ran great at mid range and top end. I took the factory grill out and used a 55 caddy dagmar front bumper and tied the boobs together with a 53 chevy grill bar with extra teeth. it was DP 90 with a white top and purple bass boat flake below the chrome. I fabbed a set of bubble skirts and lowered it. I had $1800 in it and sold for $8500. I didn't want to sell,but I work for a living and couldn't turn down the money with kids in college. It was one I wish I had back. Maybe I can round up a picture of it and send to you. I welded the headlight trim rings to the body and frenched the headlights also. it made a nice mild custom. Thats a good looking body style. they look super chopped about 4 and 6. Use a 49-51 ford back window and it's not that hard of a chop. nice ride. TP

Sure is a nice looking body. So how are the floors? I don't see many early 50's cars around here way too much rust. The availability of SBC beaters are slim here too.

Latest posts

Back