'57 Ranchero build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lucky Jr

That's one lucky Tripper Jr. I love '57 Fords and they all rusted. I guess cheap metal and no undercoating is a bad combo. Can't wait to see what's next.

Rattler

Floors

These EMS panels are sweet!!!

BoB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 86
Progress is GOOD!!!

Yep... makin' progress!!! My thanks to Rebstew for posting a thread about a cheaper Dynamat - Peel & Seal available @ Lowes...

Peel & Seal thread!

Usin' it here on my Ranchero. Carpet just came in & I scored some really nice nearly new bucket seats so the interior is startin' to come together. Gonna have some new door panels made to match the buckets. Got the motor running & will start on new brake lines & booster shortly. Ordered new wiring kit & that's up next... I always rewire all my cars!

BoB

Attachments

• ranchdyna1.jpg
    ranchdyna1.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 61
  • ranchdyna2.jpg
    ranchdyna2.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 55
Seats & carpeting!

I scored these black buckets & new carpet & have that installed now. I'm sending the door panels & kick panels off to have them redone to match the seats. Next will be a new Ididit steering column & rack & pinion steering set-up & re-wire! Tranny (C4) is leakin' like a sieve so I'm gonna have that rebuilt shortly! Also re-doin' braking system... it was so rotten I removed it with my hands... not good!!!

BoB

Attachments

• seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 60
  • seat2.jpg
    seat2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 44
  • seat3.jpg
    seat3.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 33
That's looking great Bob, and a neat deal with that peal and seal struff. I'm gonna try to find it up here in Canada. I'll bet the Home Depot has it.

That's looking great Bob, and a neat deal with that peal and seal struff. I'm gonna try to find it up here in Canada. I'll bet the Home Depot has it.

RG,
Thanks & Home Depot will probably have it, it comes in 6" width. It's really cheap but be careful puttin' it down because once it's down... it ain't comin' up! :D

BoB

Well... I miss my Silverado so I'm back on this project... I needs me a truck!!! Found some cheap redone '57 plates on daBay & I'm gonna get it registered & insured again today. Gonna be good to have her back on da hiways & byways!!! Here's what I plan for it to look like eventually!

BoB

Attachments

• rancheropaintJob.jpg
    rancheropaintJob.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 32
57 Fords of any type have always been my favorites, especially the fairlane and ranchero. What direction are you going with, custom, cruiser, low, or stock? I love em all. You notice I said favs. and not some of my favs. Since I was very young I always thought 57's were the best looking body styles ever built. You're son is very lucky.

glad to see a thread revived here, tripper- i'll be using it for inspiration since i'm hopin to get started on a 57 wagon this winter for the mrs.

did you put a MII front under that, like you mentioned, or something else?

4 projects goin at once....does that mean deep pockets or A.D.D.??:D:D

did you put a MII front under that, like you mentioned, or something else?

I haven't yet but there's a guy that makes a R&P unit for '57 Fords that I'm gonna install when I get the coins!

4 projects goin at once....does that mean deep pockets or A.D.D.??:D:D

Both... I've had to keep working even though I'm semi-retired to buy parts!

BoB

Latest posts

Back