'57 Ranchero build!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey TRIPPER, stop hogin all the good stuff! I think 57 ranchero's are one of or the best looking of all. Great score you little hooker>>>>>> LOL

Thanks... I always loved that '57 u were workin' on!!!

Just checking. Pookie says we have too many- my response is : "AND??"

:rolleyes: maybe one day he'll get it.;)

My wife & storage issues have finally drawn an end to my thirst for more, more, more!!! :D:D:D

Spent the afternoon cleanin' out the old gummed up carb & puttin' the back bumper back on. Got some other issues but those will have to wait for another day! :D:D:D

BoB

go ahead and admit it tripper- if the wifey would let you get more projects......
YOU WOULD FIND THE STORAGE SPACE!!!!:D:D
(that's the way it is around here anyway)

btw are you running that steering rack w/stock column or ?????

go ahead and admit it tripper- if the wifey would let you get more projects......
YOU WOULD FIND THE STORAGE SPACE!!!!
(that's the way it is around here anyway)

btw are you running that steering rack w/stock column or ?????

HP,
Really my bride's pretty understanding but I have run outta room & have plenty of projects to fund for this lifetime! :eek: Stock column & box but actually plan on a rack & pinion eventually!

Gettin' older isn't bad sometimes but sometines... it's hell!!! The Rancheros's carb was a lil gummed up so I pulled it down, built it back up & then could NOT find the dang key. Looked for 4 daze straight & finally just decided to pull the starter switch & get a new key made. Tomorrow!!! :D:D:D

BoB

Attachments

• -1.jpg
    -1.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 25
Here she is now... gonna get her in primer shortly! Ck the original spots!

BoB

Attachments

• 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 72
Tripper, you've got something very unique there, I can't remember the last time I saw a 57 Ranchero!.[S....It sure looks good as it is.....But the bottom line is ........I"M JEALOUS!:D:D............CR

I burned a couple wires on the ignition switch so I took the Ranchero in to one of my fav shops for a quick fix. Also havin' a new gas tank installed & some rusted areas replaced in the bed. Gonna have some bed liner sprayed on & get a new tonneau cover made. Probably gonna go black primer B4 the real paint job. Can't wait to get her back on the road again! Been sittin' up for 4 years now. Thinkin' about slammin' a new cam in too!

BoB

Got the Ranchero running & took it to a local car show last nite... Nifty 50's. I'm diggin' the patchy primer job & ck my curb feelers! See if the orange gasser behind me looks familar! :D

BoB

Attachments

• ranchero.jpg
    ranchero.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 88
The Ranchero has been a plant hauler for the last couple of weeks as I have been reworkin' my landscaping. I love trucks & I love drivin' this sucker around!!!

BoB

The Ranchero has been gettin' a workout with my move & the tranny started leakin' recently. Well... on Sunday it started leakin' like a sieve so I took it to a local Father & Son tranny shop for a rebuild. My kinda folks... the Dad does old cars like mine & the Son does the newer cars. Can't wait to get it back in good shape & my apologies to Mother Earth for those 'lil pools of that red stuff everywhere I stopped along the way. :eek:

BoB

I did one of my very least fav maintenance chores this morning! I changed the gas filter & lil rubber gas lines on either side! Since I'm livin' on the coast while my new place is being finished there's no way I'm bringing the Chevelle down in this environment, the Ranchero has been my sole means of transport. Lately I've been noticing a lil gas smell & seems like I have a very small leak. I've been putting this off until this morning the smell was pretty strong. I figured I better not tempt the Rat Rod Gods so reluctantly I crawled under & got gas all over myself... I HATE that!!! Guess I'm good for a few more years now or at least until they take my keys away! :eek:[ddd:D:eek:

BoB

not a fun job..have you posted pics of your Chevelle on here before? my 2nd car was a 64 malibu SS with a 230/powerglide..with 3.08 gears it would run 68 mph downhill with a tailwind..LOL:D but man I loved that car..I drove it that way for awhile then changed it to a tunnel rammed sbc with a stall converter and 4.10 gears..
I also had a 68 SS396 and a 71 SS454..me likem Chevelles:D:D

Tim

Latest posts

Back