61 Volkswagen V8 Single Cab Street Rod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Betcha that snaps a few necks when they see it going down the road.[cl
I dig it.:cool: :cool: :cool:
Torchie

^^^^what he said [cl

The neat thing about driving something that isn't a shiny or bright colour is that it blends into traffic and most people don't notice until you drive by, then you can read their lips "What the #$&@ was that?!?"

I bet this thing is much the same!

It does get a lot of all of that! Thanks

Made a little progress today

Welded in the mounting strips for the Drivers Side bed side.

20160401_163711.jpg

Worked the bed side to give it a bit of a bow to match the door. Also cleaned off the excess paint and rust from the engine vents

20160401_180651.jpg

Welded the two vents together but have not smoothed the weld yet

20160401_180657.jpg

20160401_180710.jpg

http://www.BenModified.com

so a wheels forward earth crawling mid engine steamroller tired VW cab comes snorting at you and your thought is "hmm the turn signals arent where I expected them"? :)

I like the over-the-topness of just about everything. keep it up! [cl

That's a neat idea. My first thought, though, is that isn't where I would be looking to see signal lights. My concern on my vehicles is making sure that I'm visible to other motorists. Just a thought, not worth much :p

Thanks! With as low as this sits, the turn signals are about SUV turn signal height. I pulled the tape off them today and they are quite bright.

so a wheels forward earth crawling mid engine steamroller tired VW cab comes snorting at you and your thought is "hmm the turn signals arent where I expected them"? :)

I like the over-the-topness of just about everything. keep it up! [cl

More like just not wanting to get hit by someone who doesn't know what your intent is. Different strokes.

Thanks! With as low as this sits, the turn signals are about SUV turn signal height. I pulled the tape off them today and they are quite bright.

That's good, they should be great then! This is just getting cooler and cooler!

When do we get an update on your V8 Diahtsu?

I am not completely happy with the engine venting so I am trying something that looks a bit more aggressive. I split a piece of 3" exhaust tubing and starting building a scoop for each side. The front section will be permanently mounted and the rear section will be mounted with dzus fasteners for access.

20160415_132938.jpg

The flat panels are butt welded in...took forever

20160415_151152.jpg

20160415_163717.jpg

20160415_174704.jpg

20160415_174719.jpg

http://www.BenModified.com

Latest posts

Back