A few pics from on the road.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran into some hail from this storm. Luckily it wasn't big enough to cause any damage. It was just a bit bigger then pea size.
(My photo bucket is being retarded again so I will add these pics here later hopefully)

Gonna back track towards Utah here where the weather was better.

Last edited:

Ok my pics are so jumbled if I try to post them order like I prefer to do I would end up with double post and missing pics.

Bonneville is just a bit wet.

My schedule with my log book worked out well for the most part so that I avoided most rush hours of the big city's till I got to salt lake city Utah. I would of rolled thru town at about 4:30 am but I started getting a vibration a little bit before town. Something that I wasn't going to overlook. Turns out my u joint had gave up. When I bought this truck I had all joints greased and all fluids checked. But apparently this u joint didn't get any grease.

I changed it in Oriellys parking lot. The bearings where dust on the one cap and part of the joint was also ate away into dust.

It never made any noise at all. No squealing, clunking when put in gear, no warning at all.

This guy was heading east away from the storm with the hail in it. Appeared to be a very nice imperial.

Nothing fancy about this car really. But it was 5:45 am and was about 55 degrees out.

This is the same truck that I passed on 80 a few weeks ago. I snapped a better pic this time. It's still just as ugly.. And a waste of stude cabs.

Just a clean looking stang.

I don't understand people and how they don't notice this stuff. This impa is about to fall of the trailer on the passenger side. There's about 2" of tire still on the trailer deck.

These two trucks are inside the I80 truck stop near Davenport Iowa. I should of took more pics of this place. It claims to be the worlds largest truck stop. It has three semis inside on display as well as these trucks. Also on the property is a trucking museum. If your in the area it's worth stopping at.

It has 4 fast food restaurants as well as a sit down restaurant. The trucking area has every piece of chrome and truck gadget that you could ever want. It also has a barber shop, movie theatre, massage parlor, and a nice truckers lounge.

This is a crazy toll bridge that I had to cross to go to another haul that I was to move.

The pics don't do it justice to how steep it is.

I can really can't I to the engineering that it takes to build some of these crazy structures. This bridge is one of the many bridges on the coast that has the center section that raises. (Anybody know the correct name for them?) This one is raised by a massive chain.

If you woulda went 8 miles north of the truck stop, you'd be at my house. I've never gone to the museum yet - plan to someday. I saw that Mustang going down the interstate as we went over on an overpass!

And the "concession trailer" that I was to haul 30 miles. This thing needed burnt where it set as far as I was concerned. No lights on it, no brakes at all or any wiring for that matter, and was never meant to go down the road legally. Especially in California where it's at. It has two mobile home axles (usually rated at 3500 lbs) and they claimed it weighed 8600 lbs. I believe it may of weighed 8600 before anything was put in it but not in it's current condition. This thing turned into me wasting 6 hours of my time and driving 160 miles for nothing. I wasn't risking thousands in tickets to move this pile.

Shortly after leaving the "concession trailer" I got stuck in a traffic jam. Ended up being a nasty wreck. A ford explorer hit this mid size deaf at what appears to be full speed on the interstate. I sure hope no one was in the back seat.

I don't think I took any more pics after this on my way home.

If you woulda went 8 miles north of the truck stop, you'd be at my house. I've never gone to the museum yet - plan to someday. I saw that Mustang going down the interstate as we went over on an overpass!

I will keep that in mind if I ever brake down out that way lol!

Interesting being on the road with you.

I was once told that they should make a reality tv show out of just following me around. The last thing we need is another show with them following a idiot around tho lol. There's enough of that by the way the other threads sound. :D

Glad you guys enjoy the pics. Hopefully I will be able to get back into hauling more cars soon. They certainly are better to look at it and usually the people I'm delivering hot rods to are way cooler then the typical rv dealer.

Except for the wheels and the mocha wheel well trim that could be my wife's Expedition.:eek:

It's been a long time since I've been out west, it still looks a lot the same. I go from AL to TN and back every day now, so I see pretty much the same scenery. As a plus though, I do get to go home for a while every day, not once every week or two like I did when I ran the road full time.

I don't know if it's the proper name or not, but we call that a draw bridge around here. The lifted portion is the draw, why I don't know....

It's a draw bridge if it pivots... If the section lifts... It's just called a vertical lift bridge... Technical name... I know

I'm not a bridge expert... But I play one on TV (nope not that either)

It's a draw bridge if it pivots... If the section lifts... It's just called a vertical lift bridge... Technical name... I know

I'm not a bridge expert... But I play one on TV (nope not that either)

> Pivot bridges "Pivot" on a base in the middle of the bridge expanse.(scarred the PooPoo out of me as a kid) Local slang was "swing " bridge.

> Draw bridges split in the middle and "drew" each half up, much like a double door.

> Vertical lift bridges have a center section that raises like an elevator.

I grew up along the I & M canal and Des planes river (Joliet Il.) depression era. bridges were a daily commute adventure. Dad knew the schedule as well as the bridge tenders did.

I went and picked up a parts car for Donsrods yesterday. I'll be taking it to Florida next week hopefully.

Back