A few pics from on the road.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There was a ton of hot rods (my phone deleted a ton of pics of them) heading towards Colorado this week. Anybody know was going on?

Not a hot rod but a very nice westfalia.

This place always has a ton of projects for sale on 70 in Missouri. I've never saw them open tho.

Heres a few wtf pics..

It's hard to see but the wrecker driver actually has a chain hooked directly into the aluminum wheel on this truck. Not only does he just have one chain on it but there's no way it didn't destroy the wheel.

I barely got this pic. This roll over had just happened. No skid marks or anything. I'm guessing they fell to sleep.

And here's one that will make any car guy throw up. I'm not a mustang person but you know this was someone's pride n joy.

I can only guess what happened here. His trailer was about 1/4 of a mile east of the car. It was rolled up into a ball and stuffed in the corner of a woods. The trailer was literally folded in half. Then the truck that I presume was the tow vehicle was in the medium just west of the mustang. The Reece hitch on it appeared to be bent down towards the grown. The mustang appeared to be rolled a few times and was now junk. The entire car was bent in a U shape. You could see where the mustang had landed in the west bound lanes and had been either dragged or pushed back in the median.

One last post.

I've saw a few threads about gas vs diesel trucks on here and how guys claim there gas truck does just as good as a diesel.

I don't know of any gas one ton trucks that are capable of getting this kind if mileage. I ended up having 735 miles on a single tank of fuel before the fuel light came on and I pumped fuel from the transfer tank into the trucks tank. I ran the entire tank with the cruise set at 70 mph. If I drop it down to 65 it goes up even more.

Too bad on the 'stang. More people than not are idiots when it comes to tieing down a load and pulling a trailer, including most of my friends.
I don't think anyone with half a brain could argue a gas against a diesel for towing loads. Although I'm not sure it would balance out running empty in the long run. I own a diesel dually and almost never drive it unless there is a trailer in tow, can't imagine driving one just for daily transportation.

Too bad on the 'stang. More people than not are idiots when it comes to tieing down a load and pulling a trailer, including most of my friends.
I don't think anyone with half a brain could argue a gas against a diesel for towing loads. Although I'm not sure it would balance out running empty in the long run. I own a diesel dually and almost never drive it unless there is a trailer in tow, can't imagine driving one just for daily transportation.

That is me running empty from Colorado to indiana.

Did you get the pm I sent ya?

Forgot a couple jags.

And this one should go in the file for being tied down by idiots.

Yes that is 1" straps that aren't even tight.

I went to Chicago today. And there's nothing in Chicago along the interstate that's pic worthy IMO.

I'm heading to Salt Lake City in the morning with a big fifth wheel trailer. Maybe hit some yards on the return trip and get some cool pics.

This thing cracked me up! As they went down the road it's ears and tongue would flap in opposite directions. The faster the car went the faster they would flap.

Some horrible pictures on this one. I think it's a bad custom or a kit car???

I'm running out of things to take pics of that you guys haven't saw yet. I'm gonna have to travel some new routes for new scenery.

Kansas sunset.

And the find of the day. While searching for a weigh station on google earth I found this yard!

Tons of 50s tin.

I'm not sure if the trucks are part of the same yard or not.

I'm hoping to stop on my return trip and check the yard out.

I didn't take any more pics till I was already in the mountains in Colorado.

I believe this is a active hold mine that you can tour???

The view from where I lost trailer brakes in the mountains.

Same view

In my hunt for a repair facility I came across these rides.

This truck wears a license plate that reads "ugly"

Great pic's 21....

I'm sure I missed it but where are you headed? Seems you've been nearly coast to coast....Kind of envy you...but then again, I am not sure I'd be liking all that driving for that long....just be safe....it's the other crazies that I'd be concerned with....like the guy hauling that Jag with 1" tie downs....wow....[S

Thanks,
I'm heading to Salt Lake City right now. I was suppose to be there this morning but that's obviously not happening. They don't take deliveries on the weekend so the earliest I can deliver is Monday morning.

I have been from coast to coast and from the gulf to the Canadian border. There's only about 10 states that I haven't either slept in or ate in. I don't count just driving thru them anymore.

I will certainly enjoy my weekend out here. As soon as I have brakes again I'm headed to boneheads house again as that was suppose to be my stopping point last night.

Latest posts

Back