Another 27 Tudor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.

I was lucky enough to get a lil side job (carpentry) so I could buy hotrod parts. SO......

I ordered a Lokar floor mount 16" cable shifter today. Along with some nice one groove pulleys and a panhard bar. New alternator (NAPA) and starter. Radiator.

All I need for the brakes are the lines which I am gonna buy already made up. Have all the check valves and prop valve and stuff stashed away already.

The panhard bar is gonna be tricky to me as ive never dealt with one. The Speedway tech guy that I ordered it from advised me to keep it as long as I could and to make sure its parrallel with the rearend housing. Any other tips would be appreciated. I got the one that b olts up to the 8" rear end snout.

I wanted to have the motor and trans in to build teh brakes. SO I mated them up and installed this morn.

Attachments

• yard 1.jpg
    yard 1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 28
  • yard 2.jpg
    yard 2.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 32
  • yard 3.jpg
    yard 3.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 34
  • yard rear.jpg
    yard rear.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 40
  • engine close orange.jpg
    engine close orange.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 37
About all I need to ride is the fuel system and wiring harness. And the steering stuff.

Attachments

• body only.jpg
    body only.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 10
You have any more pics of that 48 stashed anywhere?

Yeah--I'ts kind my 'B' project. I've been messing with it off and on for years.

I'll start a thread about it here tonight--don't wanna hijack the T thread. (I like Ts)

PA41

Something I have realized I do not like about my project is the narrowed rear end. Its a 8" Ford with the offset housing. I am not sure how much its narrowed but it is. It has 14" wide wheels on rear and has the same track as the front wheels.

Its such a tall car that I feel it looks goofy. Anybody have any input on this?

Attachments

• 1927 FORD rear.jpg
    1927 FORD rear.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 23
Scroll up a couple posts and look at that pic. Anyway im gonns run it liek it is for now. Will install a diff rear end once im driving it.

I plumbed the brakes yesterday. Looking real good.

Something I have realized I do not like about my project is the narrowed rear end. Its a 8" Ford with the offset housing. I am not sure how much its narrowed but it is. It has 14" wide wheels on rear and has the same track as the front wheels.

Its such a tall car that I feel it looks goofy. Anybody have any input on this?

Looks to me like whoever started your build was planning on full-fendered. IMHO, it doesn't look all that bad at all. The chrome rearend housing really pops against the black...Besides, I'm a self-confessed shine whore from way back.;)

It would look goofy if you plan on running skinny tires, but if you're keeping those fatties, I say leave it be.

Oh yeah, BTW-if you haven't set up your panhard bar yet, the recommended procedure I've heard is to have it level side-to-side when the car is at finished ride height. This will help minimise side-to-side pull during the course of normal up and down suspension movement.

Hope this helps. Looking forward to more progress![P

Regards,
Shea:)

I wanted to keep my thread alive.

Today I scoured some local junkyards looking for a stock width rear axle and found a couple of 9" with the centered housing/offset pinion for $100.

My sweet 17 yr old daughter got me some radius rod plates and some radius rod stiffeners from Speedway for Christmas. So once I decide on an axle, I can mount it up. Will need lower offset spring mounts. Or prepare it for coilovers.

I also looked around for a van roof to cap the T off but didnt really find what I wanted.

Also wanted to post up a pic of my 18 yr old sons truck he and I are constantly modifying. Its painted deere blitz black and has some new 8" rallys. Rear is lowered with shackles and we have the hangers to lower it more and then some drop spindles for the front. Also a roll pan.

Attachments

• truck 1.jpg
    truck 1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 18
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 18
After months of work I have changed the rear to a full width 9" with coil overs. Panhard is very close to correct. It is adjustable so I can tweak it later.

Ran fuel lines and all brakes. Trans cooler on frame. My buddy and I put the body back on last night and it looks pretty darn good IMO.

I will address those wheel wells later. They look bad with no tire in them.

Attachments

• body on 1.jpg
    body on 1.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 17
  • body on 2.jpg
    body on 2.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 19
  • body on 3.jpg
    body on 3.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 19
  • body on 4.jpg
    body on 4.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 22
  • body on 5.jpg
    body on 5.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 21
Your car looks cool...Like something George Trosley might have drawn for Krass and Bernie....:D

Looks like you're coming along pretty well-thanks for sharing your pics.[P Oh and tell your boy his C1500's pretty darn cool, too! I hope my S10 looks that nice someday.

Regards,
Shea:)

If you are worried about the body / wheel relationship , you can always run a different offset rear wheel . I think you might be worried about nothing , looks okay to me . Glad to see you making progress ! Hammer down and enjoy your labors.

Hey thanks man. We put dropped spindles and hangers on his truck. Its lowwww now. Anyway.

I am going to try and buy a wiring harness this weekend. I already made some radiator mounts. I have one of those fleabay 3 row alum jobs. I already have a nice Lokar shifter. Seat is on a frame to mount.

I do not like the GM tilt column but am going with it for now. I still need a fuel tank and battery box.

Thanks Gregster. And it doesnt sit quite as tall as it may appear. The fronts are 13" 4 Lug cobra wheels. It does sit up on the frame though. No real channel at all.

Oh no....no chop.

The seat came with the project. While welding up a frame for it, I had it upside down and noticed a chrysler tag. I like the seat but hate the color so I will scour the yards looking for one just liek it.

But thats for later.

Thanks for all positive comments. Only other thing ive put this much work in was dirt cars. There are times I need all the help I can get.

Latest posts

Back