Another 27 Tudor

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice

good looking car.

l liked how the shorter rearend looked, but that's just my observation.

one thing to think about. if the engine you are using has more the 275 hp and decent torque, adding a cross member or two on the chassis will help reduce frame flex.

had to do this on my 33 dodge chassis. l will be running 400 hp 375 fpt small block chevy and the prototype car l drove with the same chassis flexed a lot with the 300 hp 275 fpt sbc they had in it.

Later:D

Hey thanks all.

The frame is a Tbucket frame and has 4 crossmembers. I would sit and look at it and think it wasnt all that stout looking but ALL Tbuckets have big motors, so..........wait and see. Thank you for the concern.

Makes me feel good that some like it. I dont care about pleasing everybody. Just a few.

On that narrowed rear end. I couldnt lower the chassis much on the suspension as the rear crossmember was right over rear end housing. I did alter that after I changed rear ends. It just looked like it was sitting up so high with old rear end. And it being a stock roof car, looked a lil odd. Just to me.

With this wide axle and the old N50's on it, it will not fit on my trailer anymore.

Sa-Weet lookin tall T!! The wider axle looks WAY better. Not to hot for the tan seat, but it could be worse. I really liked it without the radiator out front.

I do think the rear wheels stick out about 2" too far on either side. Not bad enough to really screw it up, but may want to keep an eye out for some wheels with a bit bore backspace.

Still looks cool. Like was said - 70's nostalgia cool.

Those are 13" or 14" wide wheels with 4" back spacing. I will change wheels eventually and may even get some artillerys. If so I will get them wiiiide with 6" back space so as to suck em in more.

Again thanks for the compliments.

Latest posts

Back