Another car from the woods of Southern Ohio!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe that was an extra thing, probably added on when the car was new. I`ve seen a couple others with it, and that`s how they were.

Those body styles handle a two tone well.

As for a rally job, you don't need the fancy gear, just do an offset stripe and a circle with a #, you'll be set. Maybe the headlight grills too. Keep it simple. And of course, wear a helmet at all times. :D

So, I`m about here. I want this paint job(with a number, and maybe a few other decals):

2007-08-251112.jpg

And flares kinda like these:

1970_BMW_2002_Race_Car_Oregon_Trail_2001_1.jpg

2002France.jpg

Then put my better wheels on it, lower it a hair, and mount up the four big rally lights I have laying around:

IMG00245-20120203-1417.jpg

And drive it like this:

Nouja-m-BMW-2002ti-1970.jpg

Sound like a plan? [ddd

Oh, and fix some stuff inside, make it go faster, some better gauges, fix the heater, blah, blah, blah..... [S

Also: Maybe I should actually make a thread for this car, instead of jacking my own thread?

I like the # on the last car (#9) - big and simple. THe red/black one is right on the money where I was thinking.

I am partial to the offset stripe too.

HoodStripe2.jpg

Ok, so small progress, but it`s progress. Got my tach installed, and I put in the factory location and used mostly factory wiring. I very much prefer a clean tach install. Looks good, I just need to upgrade the rest of the gauges. Also got two of the wheels I plan to use mounted up. Working on pics, but no promises that my phone will play nice with my computer....

Ok, here`s pictures of the tach install. Broke the lens taking it out. Oh well, needed to replace it anyway...

121116_001.jpg

121116_002.jpg

121116_003.jpg

121116_004.jpg

Auto electric guy called, said my blower motor failed in a way he had never seen before. Awesome. He is looking into alternatives, and should call me Monday-ish.

Last edited:
Yep. As soon as I get my blower back it will actually pick up a bit. Guy said he`s taken it on as one of those projects you do, just to prove you can. He`s only gonna charge me for the labor, not for the hours and hours of research trying to get the best one to fit. I will probably need some pointers from you masters of reviving old tin to deal with that corner....

If luck is with me:)rolleyes:), I will need to start one for my `66 F100 as well. It should be getting an updated frame/drivetrain this winter.

If luck is with me:)rolleyes:), I will need to start one for my `66 F100 as well. It should be getting an updated frame/drivetrain this winter.

Are you doing the 70's frame swap? I've heard thats pretty much a bolt on swap. Have you posted pics of it?

It is an easy swap, but that`s not where I`m headed. Never posted pics of the truck(I don`t think anyway [S). The `66 is getting a late 90`s Lincoln frame and drivetrain. IFS, power steering, power disc brakes(all around), FI 4.6, the whole works. It`ll just be old & worn on the outside. As a bonus, the swap lowers the truck roughly six inches. [cl

Last edited:
That'll be killer! Definitely do a build thread. I'm thinking the other direction - I'm moving to the country and want/need 4x4 so I'm thinking old Caddy/Lincoln/Imperial on a 4x4 - not skyjacked, just useable 4x4. Or Corvair on 4x4 S10.

That`s the plan - to be awesome, lol. It will probably be a pain in the rear sorting through the miles of wiring in the lincoln though....

I have always been a fan of 4x4 converted cars. I almost bought a `62 Fairlane on a `70 Wagoneer frame. Complete with a buick 350, and a Mack bulldog on the hood [cl

Latest posts

Back