Another NJ Newbie checkin in

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBone69

Hi all,

I stumbled across this site from a post on either HAMB or Killbillet site don't remember which one. I've interjected comments hear and there but not really an active poster on either. I am more into learning by reading up at the moment.

I have read a little thru this site and it looks like a great place and wish I was in Ohio as it seems that where all the cool iron is:)

Now a little info on me.

I am 38 and have always been a car guy and have had a few classics and a couple of muscle cars thru the years, 1955 Buick, 1950 Dodge, 66 Skylark a smattering of Camaros 73, 76, 82, a 90 Mustang 5.0 and my current daily driver 2006 Mustang GT that seems to be a magnet for other cars and rogue telephone poles, maybe more on that later.

I am looking to get something to build with my son, he's 4 1/2 and already has been bitten by the car bug. I am looking to build something that won't break the bank and is unique and we can call our own. Something that if it gets a door ding or two I won't go into melt down.

As for all the terms for style floating around you can call it a Rat Rod, Traditional, Custom, Old Car, Classic, or whatever I won't be offened, I just call it Cool and something fun to work on and cruise around.

I'm looking forward to being active in this site and making some connections that might help me find my next project!

Thanks
Tom

Hey T-bone, welcome.
Seems like you have the attitude that works around here. Not too worried about what things are called. Glad you found us.

Welcome to the forum. Never too young to start your kids off. :D They make great runners to bring you wrenches and the occasional cold one. :D:D (trouble is, when you get older YOU end up being their runner and tool hander :eek:)

When you find that project, let us know.

Don

Welcome!!!

TBone,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us! Yep... never to young to starrt kids off foolin' around with car & trucks! It's a fact... boys love cars! It's in the genes!!!

BoB

Thanks folks,

No iron yet to show but at one time I had 3 to 4 cars now just down to the Mustang and family Minivan. Will be on the lookout to drag something home in the near future.

Realistically I need to do a few things first so I'll start looking hard in the spring. The garage is full of a few car parts but mostly Kids toys and misc junk and needs a good cleaning come this spring.

Thanks again for the welcome this looks like a good group.

Oh ya and as for my moniker TBone69, everyone calls me T-Bone even my wife. As for the 69 part most places someone has already claimed TBone I threw on the year I was born at the end.

TBone

Latest posts

Back