Another one gone to a new owner!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Gold

Can't leave well enough alone!
I'm sure some of you seen my truck on ebay. I put it on with a pretty low reserve and recieved a cash offer way to good to pass up mid auction. I ended the auction early and met the new owner in Ohio yesterday. Hes from N. Carolina so I helped cut a few hours off his trip. I must say it was nice to get that big wad of cash.
Maybe one of these days I'll actually hold on to one. I think I just enjoy the build more than anything else. Anyway here is a few closing shots of the truck.

Attachments

• 46 FORD EBAY 004.JPG
    46 FORD EBAY 004.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 46 FORD EBAY 006.JPG
    46 FORD EBAY 006.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 46 FORD EBAY 011.JPG
    46 FORD EBAY 011.JPG
    122.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 46 FORD EBAY 017.JPG
    46 FORD EBAY 017.JPG
    120 KB · Views: 128
  • 46 FORD EBAY 016.JPG
    46 FORD EBAY 016.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
Cash is good. :D Nice looking truck too. :)

Evidently, there are two different kinds of car lovers..........one who keeps their cars only for a little while and then moves on to another one, and the other (like me) who couldn't ever dream of selling any of our cars. For me it would be like selling one of my Children.:eek:

About a year and a half ago some guy was shouting at me in traffic "I want to buy your car." I kinda chuckled and told him it wasn't for sale. He yelled back, "No, I'm serious, I want to buy your car!" I told him there wasn't enough money, and I meant it. But some guys like you seem to have a different attachment to your cars...........not saying you are wrong, just that your thinking is different.

Don

Old gold,

You must be my long lost brother. I can not hang on to a vehicle once it is finished. I don't know why either. I think I like the planning, gathering, and execution of the project more than the end result.

One of my many infatuations happens to include 88-98 GM trucks, so I put one together over the winter with parts I had gathered as deals came along over the last couple years. Someone got a nice truck in July three weeks after I drove it to the St. Ignace, MI car show. I will probably do another one differently someday.

Who knows what will come of the rod I am planning. Could this be the one that I own for more than 3 weeks after what ever car show I plan to drive it to?

That was one nice looking truck you put together. Keep doing what you are doing, it's working for you!

Cool truck! Someone posted a photo of it on Streetrodding .com as a very cool truck and can you figure out what type of cars went into building it.

I can relate to not selling your car. I can't seem to part with them. I try, but it just doesn't work out!:eek:.............CR

well i saw that on dabay a few days ago and just never said anything on here....glad your happy w/the sale, i'm sure the other guy was!:D:cool:
that is one nice piece of rolling art,
my thing however is when it comes to old rigs i have "sentimental attachment issues"

the newer stuff i've rebuilt and used as daily transportation however is a different story altogether....

once again nice ride....HRP

Wow, that truck IS a piece of art! Congrats on the sale. I don't think I could bring myself to part with mine either. I was offered $500 profit last night on just the parts I have collected for my build and as despirate as I am for cash I had to say no - not for sale!

Thunder

Congrats on the sale. I'm sure the buyer will be happy with it. Not sure if I can get rid of either of ours. Turned down some pretty good offers for Momma's truck. Can't wait to see what you come up with next, tho.

WHAT!?!?!?

Gold,
Wow... that was an awesome truck & I really can't believe u had the heart to part with it!!! Personally... I couldn't have done it! We're gonna file that under... "Trucks I sold & now wish I hadn't"!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

Cash is good. :D Nice looking truck too. :)

Evidently, there are two different kinds of car lovers..........one who keeps their cars only for a little while and then moves on to another one, and the other (like me) who couldn't ever dream of selling any of our cars. For me it would be like selling one of my Children.:eek:

About a year and a half ago some guy was shouting at me in traffic "I want to buy your car." I kinda chuckled and told him it wasn't for sale. He yelled back, "No, I'm serious, I want to buy your car!" I told him there wasn't enough money, and I meant it. But some guys like you seem to have a different attachment to your cars...........not saying you are wrong, just that your thinking is different.

Don
We had a guy out here that just finished restoring a '57 Chevy convertable. Super nice car. Some girl wanted to ride in it at her wedding. After the wedding, she told her father she wanted the car. The owner said it was not for sale. The buyer asked, if he was selling it, what would it be worth? The owner said $75K. The buyer said, "I see how much you like your car" and handed him a check for $150K. :eek: Well, needless to say, the '57 went down the road.

I like that truck better than most, can't wait to see what you build next.

I'm still trying to finish my 51 Pontiac full custom and I just picked up a ROUGH 36' Dodge pickup cab. I've already started on the Dodge. There was/is a member here and other forums known as Frankenplymouth who turned a 36 Dodge cab into a 3 window coupe. I was impressed with his exacution of the build. This will be my version of the same, of course I like radicall, so stay tuned;)

congrats on the sale! you never brought it to the Chesaning show I was looking forward to checking it out

but I'm the same way as you I find a car I love and always tell myself I'm going to keep it and then I build it or restore it and seems like I only drive it for 2 weeks then it's up for sale...my family thinks I'm crazy haha

As much as I love having my cars. For the right money they will also go down the road.

Every time someone offers to buy them. I always tell them You dont have enough money.

Latest posts

Back