Any one besides me gotta have a sound system in a car?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yes/no about a sound system in a car?

• Total voters
i have to have tunes in all my rides even if its an am radio that only picks up one station although i do find my self turning it off when i smash on the gas or when my girlfriend goes with me we like to talk also we dont like the all the same music

the 42 will probally get a cd player with an ipod hook up and 2-6.5 speakers but i will hide them in a home made wooden console

ipods with headphones bug me to death they make my ears hurt to no end

I'll probably put a system in my Olds. I want it a fairly quiet cruiser. My DD's 87 and 63 have amps to plug in a ipod, but they are so loud and I rarely drive them more than 10 minutes at a time, I never use it anymore.

I just put one in my 27TT. I found a fm/sd/usb unit with just the right size speakers to cram into both roof corners. since I run open headers that are almost blowing in the windows, I could barely hear the music.. soooo, now I have a 10"1000 watt powered subwoofer sitting in the middle of the bench seat. not only can I now hear music, I can feel it. not sure what's louder now, the exhaust or the music. I had to have music. the droning of the exhaust at speed on a long drive just wasn't doing it for me

I have driven to Alaska and back from Texas without tunes. I have enough crap inside my head to keep me entertained. Then if I do have a radio something like Radar Love will come on and pretty soon I'm doing like 95.

i

will probally get a cd player with an ipod hook up and 2-6.5 speakers

ipods with headphones bug me to death they make my ears hurt to no end

yes
i hate radio and i have 1000's of hours of music.
and i cant stand headphones.
the only reason i own an ipod.
is to plug into car stereos.

I was out in my coupe today. I don't know about tunes but some A/C sure would have felt good. It was dang hot here in S. Fl today. It was fine when I was moving but the stop lights were killing me. I must be going soft :)

some A/C sure would have felt good. It was dang hot here in S. Fl today.

Just for the record, I hate you. it was snowing here yesterday and we were outside doing Simunitions exersizes! But at least we were having fun shooting each other!:D

P.S. I don't REALLY hate you. I suppose I could just move.....

No top...no windows...sprint car style headers with 12" glass packs...gear drive...Couldn't hear it if i had one.

I was out in my coupe today. I don't know about tunes but some A/C sure would have felt good. It was dang hot here in S. Fl today. It was fine when I was moving but the stop lights were killing me. I must be going soft :)

I always wondered how people lived down there before air conditioning. When I lived in East Texas I always figured those Europeans must have stole it from the Mexicans in the winter. I can't imagine they would have thought it was worth dying for in that 95/95 weather.

Since my '40 Plymouth truck is going to be driven a lot, I put a simple system in it. The head unit is for a casette tape. People tell me that is a good way to attach an iPod. So if I ever get one I can use it in the truck. I put 6" by 9" 3 ways in the back corners and 4" 2 ways in the header above the windshield. A CD changer goes under the driver's seat. All this stuff was free. No amp & no subs. If the wind noise isn't too bad I should be able to hear tunes going down the road.[cl

Actually powered up the system this afternoon. It won't win any contests.:rolleyes:

I need tunes. I put 1 12" sub, 2 6x9's, and a good Kenwood amp and it sounds great IN the cab and can barely hear it outside the cab (except the base but even that drowns out pretty well). These old cabs drown out sound pretty well... I like my tunes but I don't like disturbing others.

Latest posts

Back