Baby it's cold outside

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got the water hose bib thawed
now i have a space heater stuffed in the storage space under the floor where the plumbing stuff is.

i got the water hose bib thawed
now i have a space heater stuffed in the storage space under the floor where the plumbing stuff is.

You probably already know but just in case you don't, letting the water trickle in a faucet or two will keep the water in the pipes moving enough not to freeze.

You probably already know but just in case you don't, letting the water trickle in a faucet or two will keep the water in the pipes moving enough not to freeze.

yep
i told my girl many many times
DONT TURN THE WATER OFF!
guess what happened?:rolleyes:

the space heater and a propane torch worked.
BTW
what do you wanna bet the water doesnt get turned off again?
she couldnt take a shower before work
and no water to brush her teeth.....

That's funny there Bob.

The only thing good about the snow we had is the schools had a 2 hour
delayed start time. My bride and I had a nice leisurely morning.
She's a high school principle and usually is gone by 5:00 am.

51 below here 1934

The little town where I live in northern Michigan does not have a lot of
" claim to fame"""" moments BUT the coldest temperature ever recorded in Michigan was here in Vanderbilt on February 9 th. 1934 at 51 BELOW ZERO !!!

There was no report about what the wind chill was ....

3 degrees was the low today
Oldog

67 degrees here today and no wind. I should be out doing something instead of sitting on my dead _ss. I blame it on being old and stiff in all the wrong
places. I have got big plans just don't know when.

Yea pops I am feeling your pain the cold does not do much for my old bones either

We have had 149 inches of snow here this winter and I am just glad I do not have to shovel it ..plow trucks been going full bore this year ...I have put 145 miles on it just doing the driveway and that don't include backing up !!

We still have 2 more months of this .......

the space heater and a propane torch worked.
BTW
what do you wanna bet the water doesnt get turned off again?
she couldnt take a shower before work
and no water to brush her teeth.....

Our first house had pipes in the attic. My wife would forget to leave the water on and we had pipes frozen a half dozen times. Only had one break open and luckily it was over a utility closet so the damage was minimal.

Officially it is 22 below in Gaylord Michigan , which is 8 miles and over a 1000 foot mountain from Vanderbilt and the Sturgeon Valley in which it lies .... where it was 32 below zero this morning .......
Oldog

Latest posts

Back