Baby it's cold outside

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought you guys fighting the bitter cold could use a mental warm up...
80 degrees, sunny, breezy...

Attachments

• GEDC1127.JPG
    GEDC1127.JPG
    77.5 KB · Views: 18
Did you accidentally get summer blend so it's already gelling up or is it just full of gunk? If it gelled up, find a heated blanket and wrap the fuel tank in it on full heat.

It's bad fuel.

66CD6F7F-1C3E-497C-A191-5D76DD2F782F-1396-000000F09D88479F_zps568fcfd3.jpg

It wasn't cold when it stopped running. It was in the 50s

Last edited:
Nasty!!!! I ain't never seen fuel like that and I used to work on military trucks. What the heck were they thinking putting that stuff in the pumps? Too bad we can't return fuel like everything else lol. Sorta reminds me of what was happening when we got bad fuel in our 8v92s. Took out the fuel pump. Luckily, they're just rotary pumps so drain the fuel, replace the pump, and they fired right up.

I wish it was that simple to fix mine. Just the injectors are $2400. That don't count all the other crap that needs changed. It's gone be interesting when I go to battle with the service station.

Amen Brother. My son had his pick up plugged in and someone cut the cord coming out from under the garage door and stole both his batteries last week.

There are some sorry SOBs in this world.

i dunno if i am just getting grouchy in my old age or what.
but it seems like while there are wonderful people in this world
the vast majority are scumbags that could use a bullet.
i think my faith in my fellow man is gone.

bah!
i shouldnt be such a sourpuss

Last edited:
Christmas time brings the "Santa" out in most people...some people it brings the "Ebenezer Scrooge" out...I'm beginning to feel the same way Billy!

It was cold enough this morning that I had to plug in the redneck block heater this morning. 10 degrees.

DD2AEF78-8DD0-4DEE-96EA-B7B58916AEA8-317-0000001F3A4AB196_zps0f044e3d.jpg

About 15 minutes later she was up and running.

I gotta say you people that are posting temps in the negative 20s n down are nuts! Where Im at in Illinois it gets into the negative teens with the wind chill and that's enough for me. We are moving to Arizona next summer.

Today was the first day the cold hasn't got me at all - finally acclimated I guess. I can usually deal with cold temps, but the wind always tears me apart. I'll take the -10˚F temps over -10˚F windchill any day. It's +1˚F, -13˚F windchill and I was glad to get off work.

ok
i cant stand it anymore
i am gonna start using the 27 as my commuter car.
i dont care how cold it is!*

*luckily one of the first things i installed was a 28000 BTU heater[cl

Latest posts

Back