Barn find ! 1931 Sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's my sawsall.
Just kidding........ REALLY !:eek: Don't cut up that jewel. That car is all that and more. What a lucky find. I perchased a 48 Ford F68 (Yes that's not a typo) flatbed with a flathead V8 for $200 a few years ago. Only cost me another 600 to get it on the road. Had a load of fun with it, but some gobbler offered me stupid money for it and I sold it. I will always regret that.

Attachments

• scan0020.jpg
    scan0020.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 24
  • scan0022.jpg
    scan0022.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 20
I'd sell it to who ever has the most $. Ya could probably buy 2 more for rats with the dough from this one.If it don't sell then I'd rod it out. Call me crazy,but it would make a very nice, all orignal & traditional looking hotrod,40's style.

If it was mine here's what I'd do:
Hydraullic brakes, '35 Ford 16" spoke wheels, dropped axle, warmed over Model B or C 4 banger, '39 Ford transmission, V8 banjo rear end on the stock Model A spring, LeBaron-Bonney stock mohair interior. All changes are reversable, but the car would be more fun to drive at highway speeds and look cooler with these mods.
Nice find, by the way!

uhm, drive it?
I'd get it running just like it is since you already have one hot rodded. Maybe add juice brakes (although properly tuned A brakes do work just fine).
I have a good friend who builds and works on As, his personal coupe has overdrive, 12 volt alternator, Brumfield head and A/C. It will cruise 60-65 no problem and be in the cool doing it. He has a speedster with overdrive, 16" wheels, Brumfield head, Winfield grind cam, downdraft weber and headers. It will put a smile on your face that takes a week to wear off.

Everybody has it wrong.

Its toxic.
Ship it to me for proper disposal.:D

I like Bob W's idea. Seems best of both worlds without destroying its oroginal value.

Way cool find.

IMO ..... update brakes & safety equipment, newer style tires & wheels & run the life outta it.

Don't cut it up ....... uet.

Ratty 46

The barn find

Thanks to everyone who left info and suggestions. The obvious choice would be to keep it original. Just wanted to see what everyone would do with it. I am transporting it home this week. I will take more pics after its all cleaned up.

Thanks again, FLBONES

Man you have recieved a ton of advice, and almost all of them would keep it stock or something approacing stock.

I have a different take on this. If there is a place in your garage for a stocker and that is something you have sought out and looked for then by all means do as advised. But I gotta tell you there is "NO" shortage of restored model "A" 's. The are pretty common, just take a look on the net at the Stocker Model A clubs there must be a hundred or more. And Stocker model A's don't seem to bring any real money either. There a dozens of traditioinal cars right here on this sight that demand more money at sell time.

But if you had the idea or desire to build a cool little Hot Rod look at this barn find as a real plus. Just think of all of those hours of fixing stuff with a bad car, man it would be really cool for once to start a project with a car that wasn't a basket case in the first place.

If it were mine I would build what I want out of it. Now if it was a rarer model or a model that was in danger of going away then cutting it up might be the wrong thing. But man its a model A and a cool one at that.

Hombre

Latest posts

Back