battery placement

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

busman

looking for ideas. Where is everyone putting their battery? looking for pictures. Was thinking about using an optima battery and putting it behind the passenger seat inside the cab. Pros and cons of placement?

I'm putting mine on the passenger side, in front of the cab by the engine. I'm running an Chevy Inline 6 so there's nothing on that side anyway and it will be close to the starter.

004-1.jpg

Last edited:
The factory location in my 55 willys is under the passenger seat,so that where im putting my optima battery

Id say if its going to be in the cab with you make shure its a sealed battery

On my dads 35 Ford truck, he made a box under the floor at the front of the bed with a trap door. He put his battery, and can fit a couple of fold up chairs in it also.
Tim

The good thing about the Optima is you can mount it on it's side or upside down. Personally, I don't like batteries near the engine, heat is not a batteries friend, I have both of mine in the trunk.

looking for ideas. Where is everyone putting their battery? looking for pictures. Was thinking about using an optima battery and putting it behind the passenger seat inside the cab. Pros and cons of placement?

I put an Optima behind the passenger seat in the cab of my Anglia Ute.

My 32 coupe has the battery mounted in a battery box in the trunk.

I had no room on my T for a conventional battery because of it's lowness and having no bed, so I used an Oddyssey Battery that measures 3 x 7 x 7 inches, yet puts out 680 cranking amps. When we got it we felt it could never do the job and I considered hiding a second on on the other side. But this thing is amazing and cranks my engine like mad, time after time, even after sitting for months at a time.

My Son Dan was skeptical, but has since become a believer. He is going to install one in his '29, and it has an 11 to 1 455 Olds in it. :D Here is their website:

www.odysseybattery.com/

Don

Attachments

• tinstallingpartsonframe007.jpg
    tinstallingpartsonframe007.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 11
  • t battery mounted.jpg
    t battery mounted.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 13
I think it is a Summit tray. We used the same one in my Kid's T but cut the ears off.

Don

Attachments

• dons t frame battery box.jpg
    dons t frame battery box.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Back