best reaction to your ride

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
best reply I got was with my 72 olds 442 - pulling into Dick Millers Olds National show in Norwalk OH. I herd a guy say that guy from Philly is back again - took best in class and best modified for the 2nd year in a row -

I've had thumbs up and people taking pics while cruisin the interstate, but the coolest was at a cruise-in this summer. A couple guys were lookin at it and one said to the other "that thing just screams cool". Makes a guy feel pretty good ya know.

At the last show I had the drivers door open. A family of four walked over to the open door and looked in. I said, sit in it. The guy's jaw dropped and said "are you sure" . He sat in it and said he had been to many car shows and he NEVER had anyone allow him to sit in their car. I looked over to his wife and she was nodding her head in agreement......that made my day.[cl
Oh, I have also built show cars where I would not let anyone within 5 feet.:cool:

Way back in the '80s when I bought my first new car, an '86 Buick Grand National, I took it to college and when I walked into the dorm a kid looked out the window at it and said "Holy S**t". I thought that was pretty cool for some time so did my friends who heard it. (I guess I still do)

I had this pull up in my driveway today

The guy came over to look at a car I have for sale. took us a hour and a half to get down the driveway (25 feet). Dude told me I got some of the coolest rides he has seen[S

Attachments

• 1118111719a.jpg
    1118111719a.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 23
It makes me feel good to see people take pics of it while I'm out cruising. I think the best for me was pulling into a gas station one day and this older guy(maybe in his 80's) was fueling a Toyota. He came up to me saying how he had one and hadn't seen one in years. I think he got a little choked up talking about his family and the miles he drove... and after about 20 min. and a handshake, he told me to enjoy every moment. That really stuck with me.

Had one older gent looking at my 37 and commented that his 37 back in the day looked a little taller and his motor didn't look quite as big!!!:eek: :D

"I see you talked someone out of another dream pile of junk."
My wife as the pile of 35 ford cabs and frames showed up on a large farm trailer 2 years ago. :D

Attachments

• jacott truck 012.jpg
    jacott truck 012.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 45
Memmorable things said by others..

My wife saying:
"You want me to ride in that thing in the parade with you? Your kidding right?"
A block into the parade guess who stepped out of the crowd and got in smiling, waving, and yelling at her friends as we went passed...

My friend saying:
"You actually drove that thing here?" an hour and a half away from home and then asking for a ride home after the show

Dumba$$ at a gas station:
"Does it run?"

Hi Everyone

My Rat Rod is far from finished but a couple of guys were looking at it...they were putting a roof on my garage...they were both street rod guys....they laughed as they pointed at my pile of rust.....Then I had a kid (30 ish) stop over and start telling me what I needed to change and asked "when was I going to paint it???"...

MikeC

A couple of years ago I took the Plymouth to a car show @ Ft Knox & an older guy looks her over & says that he hadn't seen one that looked that bad in years.:eek: He also said that at least mine was driveable. :D:D
I still get a big kick out of that.

What people said...

My namesake car (don't have it anymore) had people talking everywhere it went. At one time, it was my only car, and we were moving from NC back to MD.

I was on the road in Virginia, getting gas just off I-95, when a guy jumped out of his Astro van all excited. He told me that my car was one of 500 special cars Chrysler built! I told him that it's the only one I've ever seen. :cool: I didn't want to burst his bubble, ya know? He took a couple of pictures and told me how rare and special it was.

I should have kept it.

440shorty

Attachments

• 73 satellite 2 door wagon.jpg
    73 satellite 2 door wagon.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 36
I have heard hundreds of comments....wish I could remember some of the good ones but, all have always been positive ! But if you want a wide variety , honest , funny opinions.... let a bunch of kids check out your ride !! They will not hold anything back !! :D

Attachments

• 100_1910.jpg
    100_1910.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 100_1917.jpg
    100_1917.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1920.jpg
    100_1920.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_1918.jpg
    100_1918.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 23
Kids, Gotta luv them!!!

One time back when my boy started kindergarden. I used to pick him up from the bus stop. I always drive one of my old cars. About the third day of school. Before the schoolbus camed to a stop there was a boy towards the back that slammed his window down and yelled out " HOW MANY COOL OLD CARS DO YOU HAVE" I cracked up. My boy came off the bus smiling big time. Posting a picture of which one I was driving that day. For some reason it get's a lot of attention. lol

Attachments

• 1` upload 041.jpg
    1` upload 041.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 22
The best reaction I've ever had to anything I've ever owned was a few years ago now. I was driving my 66 Chevelle that my dad and I built. As I was going through an intersection I pasted a school bus making a left turn. There was a kid, about 13 years old, sitting near the front of the bus. He looked down, seen the car, and his face immediately lit up. At the same moment he jumped up and ran to the back of the bus so he could keep his eyes on the car, as I continued through the intersection. You could tell he was making a big deal about it because every other head it the bus turned as well. Hot rodding will never die with kids like that around. :D

Latest posts

Back