Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeff is pulling these gems out of North Dakota. He has a source...

The roadster is a '26 or '27 Ford Model T.

Yes, a lift would help the positional vertigo, but at my age I can't hardly look up either.

The door bars were cut to fit and welded in place. Made short tail pipes to go on the end of the header mufflers. The mufflers are only a 2" diameter core and outlet. Pretty small for the 468" big block. Oh well, I don't need all that power anyway.

Attachments

• door bars 001.jpg
    door bars 001.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 49
  • door bars 002.jpg
    door bars 002.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 49
  • door bars 003.jpg
    door bars 003.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 48
  • door bars 004.jpg
    door bars 004.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 49
Door bars look great, did you modify the driver side as per a rule? [S Bob, I have the exact same problem when working on the house guttering, can't look up any more. Working on my back under my truck is out of the question these days.:rolleyes: A bone stock 454 would have all the power you will need for that hotrod.:cool:

Tom, do you mean a swing out door bar? No, I don't think I'll need it. Or, is there another rule I'm not aware of?

No other rule Bob, just saw the top bend in the driver side bar and the other side was streight. Where you trying for more shoulder coverage? They look real nice. I agree that it looks like they will be easy to access with out the swing bar.

Very nice! I wonder if guys 100 years from now will be rescuing the remains of the modern cars built today to turn them into futuristic hot rods?

Speaking of the little woman. She went to Target today and wore one of my grinding masks. After a few minutes she ripped it off. Said her glasses steamed up and she was suffocating.

Went to my you friend Jeff's (Titus) house today to see if his wife, Jenny aka Stitch B*tch would sew some covers on the Bantam seats. I brought the foam and Carhart material. Jenny does award winning interiors and I wasn't sure she would mess with my seats. But, she took pity on me and will do them.

While there I took the attached pics of some of the stuff Jeff has for sale. If anyone is interested let me know.

attachment.php

That Vicky is sweet!

A little change of pace today. The weather is warming and the lock down might soon be over. So, it is time to get my Anglia running. When I put it away last fall it was running poorly. Planning ahead, I retrieved some parts from the attic and decided to build a good, solid points distributor. I got as far as the first pic shows. A complete disassembly. Need to get a vacuum canister.

Then I rebuilt the Edelbrock carb on the right. The AFB on the left is one of a pair I bought new in the mid-60's. The pair was on a cross ram on my Thames drag car. They only had a dozen runs on them when I crashed it. Been in storage ever since. When I bought them we called them "E" series AFB's. It is original and untouched except for removal of the choke assembly. Just for laughs I looked on eBay to see if these carbs have any value. Lo and behold! the asking price ranged from $995 to $1,250. Sure wish I still had the other one.

Attachments

• dizzy 001.jpg
    dizzy 001.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 24
  • dizzy 002.jpg
    dizzy 002.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 26
In response to some of your comments.

Tom, both door bars have a bend in them for shoulder room. The pics don't show it.
The '40 Ford coupe in the background is one of Jeff's several keepers.
FV, I can't imagine future generations will anything to do hot rod-wise with today's lookalike 4 door sedans.
I could start the engine anytime now. Don't know why I'm reluctant to finish the job.

Don't be shy about letting me know if there's interest in anything Jeff has for sale. I'll get more pics tomorrow.

Thanks Bob, I was thinking that was the case when I saw the other bar tack weled for temp fit. Looks real nice with the bend. Maybe you just need to step away from the Bantam for awhile and work on one of the other project. You will work it out over time. :cool: Hang in there & stay safe.

Small steps, right? Due to a miscalculation the roll bar sticks above the roofline a bit. I don't have the skill or equipment to make bubbles so I made flat sided bubbles. Here's one almost completed.
Put gas in the tank for the first time and now I am chasing leaks.
Been working on three cars each day. Pushing the peanut forward a bit on each one. Keeps me entertained.

Attachments

• bubbles 001.jpg
    bubbles 001.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 30
  • bubbles 002.jpg
    bubbles 002.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 27
  • bubbles 003.jpg
    bubbles 003.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 30

Latest posts

Back