Big Brother is watching & soon will be listening

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that music so loud it rattles the windows as they drive by should be addressed....we just don't have much of an issue with it here...and the ones we spoke to make it a point to turn it down when they get into town...loud pipes on cars?? It has to be nutz loud to get my attention and the fact that somebody just lost a muffler or the exhaust fell off....I don't get real excited unless I see them running around for a couple weeks like that...some people just can't fix this stuff as fast....like a cracked windshield...warning, wait a week and see if it's repaired if not....a fix it ticket and bob's your uncle....Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age??? [S
I use to write those tickets all the time, however, living and working in a large metropolitan area, we have quite a few violators.

....like a cracked windshield...warning, wait a week and see if it's repaired if not....

Man, I'd be SOL if I lived someplace that issued a ticket for a crack in a windshield.

There's a crack on the passenger side of the windshield on my Daytona, been there for years. Yes, the windshield is available. However, my car is a rare t-top car and you have to destroy the t-top trim around the windshield to remove it. And since the t-top trim is NS1 and has been for years I'm not about to bust it up to have a windshield replaced.

Any ways. I just don't think another law or a camera or anything of that nature is a way to fix things.

The problem with this type of technology is that it is not the cops that make the decision to use it. It's the bean counters that decide that it is a easy way to make a profit.

I've been in law enforcement for 30 years and don't understand how they can legally do some of the things they do. Our city charges a $70.00 release fee if your dog is caught and taken to the pound. That doesn't include the fee to get your dog out of the pound or fine if your cited. It's just an administration fee that takes a dispatcher about ten minutes to complete.

You have the right to confront your accuser in court. How do you confront your accuser if it's a computer and a camera?

There's many more of these examples. Just keep it in mind that it's not necessarily law enforcement that's pushing many of these laws.

Keith

I went round and round with the ezpass up here when it first came out. If you went through the toll without one they would take a pic of the rear of your car and send you a ticket for $25 and the threat of license loss if not paid. At that time they did actually take you to court over it. I argued with the judge that in no way did the state prove that I "Purpously, knowingly, recklessly or negligantly break any state laws threre for could not be held acountable for the consequence. The state said "but here is a pic of your car going through the toll unpaid". I said you have no other proof than my car was at the scene of the alledged crime and not me as the pic was just the back of my car not the driver. I won the case and the next year it was changed to a bill collection instead of a license loss threat. I like to argue so that must be why I became a cop!

i have always wondered why.
if the muffler falls off my pos truck. i get a warning .
but harleys that i can clearly hear all the way across the valley dont.

i have always wondered why.
if the muffler falls off my pos truck. i get a warning .
but harleys that i can clearly hear all the way across the valley dont.

This is exactly the point I was trying to make when I say laws like this are selectively enforced and target certain groups of people. If you're going to pass a noise law (and I'm not saying you should), it should apply to everyone. No one should get a pass.

Like I said before, in my hometown a car stereo heard a few feet away can get you a $500.00 fine, but packs of Harley's can parade through town all afternoon on one of their poker runs and no one bats an eye. Even my buddy that runs the rod shop gets a pass. On cruise night he'll drive a half finished car up to the square with no lights, no mufflers, no plates, and not even a VIN number. No one says anything. I drove a truck for years with no mufflers, no one batted an eye. But if I got in my car and drove down the main street through town with my stereo on I'd probably get pulled over. However, since I'm a mid-late 30s professional male I'd probably get a pass and told to turn it down. My younger friends or friends of color wouldn't be so lucky.

I can see where stop light and speed cameras might work , but if push came to shove I would think it would be difficult to prove exactly where a loud noise came from. Could be the car on front, beside , etc. John

Speed camera, stop light camera but Noise???

I can see where stop light and speed cameras might work , but if push came to shove I would think it would be difficult to prove exactly where a loud noise came from. Could be the car on front, beside , etc. John

thats a bit far fetched.... Here in MI we have driver responsibility fee's....get popped for DUI (we call it OWI) or DWLD (Driving while license suspended) you have to pay any extra 250 dollars for your plates....second offense 1000 third or subsequent offense....can't get plates and not they have come up with a vehicle forfeiture if you drive drunk twice or more...darn paperwork is becoming way to much.....advise of right forms, breath test copies, temporary driving permit, license plate confiscation, destroy drivers license, OWI reimbursement forms so the city can recoop the cost of the officers time, mug shot and breath test mouth pieces....it takes 2 to 3 hours to arrest, book, test and transport a drunk to jail, then an hour to finish the report....does it stop the habitual drunk...NOPE!!! No license, no car, no plates and hefty fines and they still find something to drive while intoxicated....NUTZ![S

This. It boils down to common sense, which seems to be lacking by majority of people nowadays.

One of my daily drivers years ago used to be a 390/4 speed 64 Galaxie. It had Hooker super comp headers, teeny tiny 12 inch long hollowed out glass pack mufflers, and the system ended with two 4 inch echo tips out the back. It was LOUD if you put your foot in it. I used to drive it to swap meets & shows all over NE Texas and never ever had anyone say anything about the exhaust being too loud.

Later on I picked up an 85 F-250 diesel/4 speed to use as a driver/work truck. I put full dual exhaust on it with no mufflers and the same style 4 inch diameter echo tips. I also put tweaked injectors and turned up the pump so it would really belch out coal black diesel smoke if you put your foot in it or really loaded it down. Never had anyone complain that it was too loud or that it was blowing too much smoke.

It's all in how you drive. Same goes for loud stereos, it's all in how you use it.

Pretty much non relevant, but this story still brings a smile to my face.:D:D I had a 95 Dodge 3/4" ton with the Cummins and 5 speed..Its pump had been worked over, bigger injectors, turbo upgrade and straight exhaust..around 400hp and this thing would roll black when your foot was in it but you really couldn't tell it at idle..I was sitting at a stoplight when some kids pulled up beside me on my right side in a little foreign car, windows down,stereo thumping..they were also revving it up and kinda dumping the clutch..they were looking at me,laughing and just messing around..I dropped the 5 speed into 2nd gear and the light turned green, I laid into the ol Cummins and let the black smoke roll..As I look back in the mirror, I can see the black smoke going in the drivers window and coming out the passenger side window of the little car..

they changed lanes and pulled up behind me at the next stoplight:D

They just passed a new rule at the dot making the use of any non-hands free communication device in a commercial vehicle a $2500 offence. Califirnia and Michigan have devices which can downloaf all data from your cell phone even if locked. I'm wondering if they are going to be watching and waiting or if they are going to start taking phones and comparing phone records against log books

Yeah, my oldest isn't happy......

They just passed a new rule at the dot making the use of any non-hands free communication device in a commercial vehicle a $2500 offence. Califirnia and Michigan have devices which can downloaf all data from your cell phone even if locked. I'm wondering if they are going to be watching and waiting or if they are going to start taking phones and comparing phone records against log books

How are they gonna handle the CB thing?? That's certainly not hands free...Are two way radios banned as well.... I can understand not wanting them to text and maybe have them use a hands free device but every non hands free device? Next they won't let us use our mobiles in the popo cars...:eek:

How are they gonna handle the CB thing?? That's certainly not hands free...Are two way radios banned as well.... I can understand not wanting them to text and maybe have them use a hands free device but every non hands free device? Next they won't let us use our mobiles in the popo cars...:eek:

They are saying that officers are trained professionals and can thus use their hand held devices while saying that truck drivers who spend up to 70 hours a week behind the wheel are not qualified... typical 1984 government double-speak, subversion of the constitutional requirement of equal protection of the law.

the FHWA stated eventually they plan to outlaw all communication devices while operating. I'm not so sure it's all about distracted driving.
A thing about distracted driving.
Ordinarily it would have to be proven what event or exigency an activity distracted the driver from identifying a hazzard. You can't just say "he was smoking so he was distracted" You have to point out something that was missed. if nothing is missed, there's is no distraction.
But the system has deemed certain activities to be de facto distractions so a distraction can become a matter of fact without proof.
If your in an accident police will ask questions like were you listening to the radio, smoking, eating, looking at a map, talking on a phone, texting, etc.
Without any proof that these activities were the cause of the accident or interfered with the drivers operation of the vehicle and awareness they are "deemed" to have contributed to the accident.
if you will notice the reports regarding cell phone usage and texting state that the activities were involved. this means these activities were conducted concurrent to the event not the cause of the event but the concurrent activities are "deemed" to be the cause and are treated as the cause without any proof or due process or without even officially labelling them as the cause.
One of the latest and greatest affronts to law has been the governments' total contempt for the constitutions requirement of due process. Hello tyranny.

Thank you Nancy Pelosi for showing the people what the government is doing to them when it "deems".

The cell phone providers have already been required by the government to take down the speed trap and checkpoint locating apps and have been required to give the government back door access to all devices for live tap or confiscation of data without warrant. more contempt of due process.

I'm pretty sure the police will get to keep their tools, it's just the truckers losing their rights to tools of the trade.
The legal definition of Licence is privilege to engage in an illegal activity
privilege cannot be granted until the activity is first outlawed

P.S. I was listening to Dave Nemo on the radio and the industry stats show that truck related accidents reached their lowest point when you had 8 hour breaks, could still split sleeper berth and there was no 14 hour rule. truck related accidents have actually been on the rise and the more they regulate the more they rise. They said once the FHWA had accomplished all they could do to limit truck related accidents they began to fabricate risks to justify their existence and justify their budget. They said the FHWA has become a big fat make work project for government employees.

When the police survey you after an accident they may say you'r not being charged with distracted driving...But the report will state that you were driving distracted without having had to prove a distraction. you may have not been at fault and may have been 100% aware of everything and the report will make you out to have been negligent in some fashion.
You most probably will not be charged but if you or the company you were working for at the time of the accident are sued... That information is readily available to the attorneys and your defence will be compromised. there will be without any due process a "deeming" or "official fact of" negligence on your part involved in the accident.
You cannot be charged with Homicide or Manslaughter in an accident without there being some evidence of intent or negligence.
Can you see why it is so important to watch what you say?
Can you see how predatory the legal system is?
Mostly the reason this is done crooked (and legal) like this is so lawsuits can be won. lawyers dream up these devices. It''s all about the money.
Without a bad guy to go after...there's no money to be won.

But I'm just a critic, I can just point it out. I can't fix it.

Latest posts

Back