BimmerRod - 1949 BMW 321 sedan

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogieman

I'm a BMW nut aand I'm working for a BMW dealership . . so it was obvious what I had to do . . . build a Bimmer-Rod!!

First I needed a pre-war BMW . . . well . . that's a problem . . even the really really bad ones cost at least a arm or maybe a leg . . . and honestly . . building a hot rod with missing arms or legs doesn't really sound like fun . .
After a bit of surfing the internet I found a '49 BMW 321 in Estonia . . .hmm . . a '49 is not a "true" pre-war car . . but the 320/321 was built since 1938 . . so a pre-war model none the less . . the ad said: all body parts, lots of rust, dissesembled . . . it was not cheap . . .

I'm nuts . . but not an idiot . . sending quite a amount of money to a guy in Estonia without having seen the car or knowing if it even exists . . . that's only something a idiot would do . . .
After a short e-mail where he told me, that he could organize the transport to southern Germany . . my money was on its way to Estonia . . oh may! :rolleyes:

On Wednesday I was finally heading for Germany to pick up my new toy . .

isn't that a beauty!! [cl
img0306ya.jpg

img0298c.jpg

yes there is a LOT of rust . . yes the body panels are more or less complete (I will go fenderless though . . I think . . . love the look ) . . yes it's basically a big pile of crap . . but I love it! [dr

BMW thought that this 2l six-cylinder engine with a whooping 45hp was the way to go ..
img0314ex.jpg

I on the other hand . . was more thinking of something like this . . a 4.4l V8 (M62) with six-speed gearbox out of a '98 BMW 540i . . .
m62.jpg

let's [;)

Man thats neat, love them old German sedan's such great lines. Great idea on the power 2, thats gonna be one sick rod.

Regards,

Rev. Don

[cl

I think Chip Foose did a rendering of one a few years ago,
probably in Custom Rod or Streetrod Builder, IIRC.

It was Yellow, chopped, and fenderless.

Might have been a Mercedes, but looked very similar.

that would look sick if you threw it on some modern bimmer rims with the low ground hugging stance, chopped top, maybe some suicide doors? could possibly drop a fresh bmw color choice on it...kind of a middle ground between rat built and fully built. none the less, enjoy that one

like a nice mesh grill insert...some of the nice multi spoke 17's off the 01 and newer models...and of course your choice of color! dark green or blue would look sexy![dr

Latest posts

Back