Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are not going to believe this... but the Wheelbase is at a whopping 140 inches.

And I did not grab a picture with the top off yet, and now it is raining outside. So I am back in the shop in front of the wood stove working out the rear suspension.
Pictures later.

Last edited:
Out of the box for sure, Very interesting ideas on the frame design, and the unique BH touches...!

I dig your style, the extended front end definitely has me thinking more and more about the look of my truck

You guys are not going to believe this... but the Wheelbase is at a whopping 140 inches.

i believe it! it looks a little longer than your "average" bobber truck wheelbase... but it will look alot different to me when the caddy is sitting up front, too...

no telling what the grille/radiator support will look like!!:D:D

we await the next update...[P

no telling what the grille/radiator support will look like!!:D:D
we await the next update...[P

Wait no more.... This is not exactly what I am doing, but along these lines.

grill3.jpg

grill.jpg

grill2.jpg

grill4.jpg

grill5.jpg

grill6.jpg

Beautiful fab work BH. You mentioned the beefy .25 HREW tube for the straight sections, what did you use for the formed parts?

Not to scrutinize, far from it, just curious.

The symetry between the front frame members and the radiator shell/grille is outstanding.

Thanks bob, I am glad you noticed, there was alot of thought that went into that.

Beautiful fab work BH. You mentioned the beefy .25 HREW tube for the straight sections, what did you use for the formed parts?
Not to scrutinize, far from it, just curious.

No problem Doc, My bender handles .120 wall tube very well, but I can't bend the .25 stuff, so I put it in all the straight pieces. The specs I posted was for the curved tube. The 1/4 inch stuff is really stout!

It's really taking shape! Looks awesome...really like the way you brought the tubes in front of the grill...some really great fab work to get that round bent and welded in place. Bravo my friend!![cl

Keep up the good work!

-Troy

Got to See this Project at Boneheads today in Person!! AND WOOOOOWWWW, IT IS OUTSTANDING!!! He is really pulling off some creative Touches!! I'm beside myself, at how close it resembles tha "Bonehead Truck!!"
Keep up tha Good work Jeff... Should have it finished in a Week right?? LMAO!! Keep goin at tha rate you are, its gonna be soon!!

I love how you have been creating out of the box on the whole project here BH...it has been giving me some good ideas here when I get my project up and going here in a few months(be making a payment on it later this week...hopefully I can get my hands on it..a '28 DB 4 dr sedan...). Surprised you went with a hair-pin style instead of radial arms up front...very creative design there on the 6 shooter mounts...

Just got caught up on this build - There's nothing here we didn't expect from you. You're always over the top. Speaking of tops - I'm going to have to see if I can make that work on the '48 Firetruck - if I ever get to work on it again.

Thanks for showing us.

Man, that truck sure sits right. Can't even tell the top is removable from that view.

Nice detail on the rear suspension brackets. Did you weld rivets on?

is there any way i could talk you into taking a pic of that thing with the door open--and show me kinda what your cab mounts look like?
it looks as if the cab is seriously channeled over that tubular frame... am i missing something? or is it?[S

i am wanting to clip off the lower portion of my cab on my "current":rolleyes: build...what type of square or rectangle tubing did you use at the lower door frame that curved around and reached across the rear of the cab...

hoped i didnt get too "nosey" ;)

thanks in advance...[;)

HP, I just took some 3/4 inch square tube and cut it in sections, to get my curve. I figured I would stitch weld it anyway, about every 4 inches, and I did that.
P1170196.jpg

The body mounts are not in yet, but I am in the process of cutting some tube that is one size up from what I used on the frame, and make saddles to set the cab down on to. This one is going to have solid mounts. I have to use the roll cage as part of the frame, and body supports, since the body is not supported when the roof comes off.

Latest posts

Back