Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making some moves again. Roof off pics
P3160027.jpg

P3160029.jpg

Looking really good , i love the veiw you have going on at you place man i would die for that and the roadster pu in the first pic is priceless , should fly with that power plant [P can't wait for more

Hillbillie

Thanks, guys.

I started putting in the engine.

First, I blocked up the engine and used my trusty angle finder to set the engine tilted up in the front, between 3-5 degrees. This will help my rear driveshaft angle, and should fit up to my rear pinion angle which is down 3 degrees.
P3170038.jpg

Locating the engine on the chassis, is a matter of rolling the frame forward or back to make adjustments. I marked where my firewall will sit on the frame, and put the engine slightly ahead of the fire wall. In my case, 1 inch worked well.
P3170051.jpg

Are you going to have enough room between the motor and front axle to wedge in a radiator? Might have to place it in back. [ddd

I have been around. (At the swap meet the other day I guy asked if I could put a NHRA legal bar in his 9 second car. I told him the first one I did was a Mustang back in 1983.)

Anyway, hope you guys are ready for some more pictures. I stayed on this truck all weekend.
1st is the almost finished motor mounts. All the grade 5 hardware will be replaced grade 8.
P3180069.jpg

Latest posts

Back