Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool

Great truck as always from you. I admire someone who an just keep coming up with great new looks. Keep them coming Steve

Any updates?? Looks great so far bud [dr

Pulling my hair out. Waiting on the heads. Looking around, I found the best engine builder. What I didn't know is he is also the slowest builder. I was in my local NaPa, store yesterday, speaking with the owner. He asked how my build was coming along, and I told him I was at a stand still waiting on the motor to come back. He says to me, that the guy building my motor is the best around, but is super busy, and works at his own pace. It is nice to hear, but hard to take.

Here we go, back to it again. Had a big discussion with my engine builder. The block sat at the machine shop for 3 months. I said I would not recommend that machine shop to anyone. My builder said, "but he is the best". I said, no, the best would not only do a good job, but would have gotten the work done faster. At any rate, I finally have some progress.
willy.jpg

willy2.jpg

willy3.jpg

willy4.jpg

willy5.jpg

I have a friend who owns a shop. He is going to put it together. Years of building motors, means no mistakes. I have too much invested in this one to slip up.

It's on my list of Ten Most Beautiful Objects; A fresh machined motor block.

BTW, I've never found an engine machine shop that met their delivery promise.

Great to see the project back on line.

The oil pan held up the motor as it sat in a barn for the last who knows how long. and it was really pitted out. It felt thin in a couple of places, so I decided to put a patch on the bottom of the oil pan just to play it safe. Here is how I did it.
P7240008.jpg

The front corners had been worked on before. someone did a great job of brazing the pan for a repair at some point.
P7240011.jpg

P7240013.jpg

P7240014.jpg

That Caddy engine is lookin' real purty! I see you upgraded the valve springs, is it getting a healthy bumpstick? The valve covers are too kool, great work! Lastly, what does the displacement work out to at .030 over?

Latest posts

Back