Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D good stuff as always.:cool:

Thanks, I think it will get even better soon.

Pic of the finished pan? That valve cover is crazy! [cl

Missed the finished picture, got wrapped up in the valve covers

That Caddy engine is lookin' real purty! I see you upgraded the valve springs, is it getting a healthy bumpstick? The valve covers are too kool, great work! Lastly, what does the displacement work out to at .030 over?
The engine is a work of art. Chevy valve springs. I will get all the math from the machine shop and spill the beans on what is inside. I can tell you the transmission shop built the tranny to hold for 500 hp

You misspelled Cadillac........just kidding :D
Checked it 10 times to make sure. I almost spelled it "cattle-ack"

Valve cover is awesome!!! Any time I try and write with my welder you are lucky to read it let alone doing something like that!!! How do you do it??

Valve cover is awesome!!! Any time I try and write with my welder you are lucky to read it let alone doing something like that!!! How do you do it??

Thanks. Everybody asks me that, it seems easy to me. I think the key is to get a piece of scrap metal and run some practice runs before you hit what you are trying to make pretty.

BH i tell ya this makes for some pretty fine reading during our down time for all of us boys over here in the sand box. We appreciate all the accurate step by step photos you put up. A pretty good part of our day is spent mulling over each others ideas that we get from your thread and others alike for builds we plan to start whenever we get home. Thanks again, and we can't wait to see this rig completed! Keep up the awesome work.

BH i tell ya this makes for some pretty fine reading during our down time for all of us boys over here in the sand box. We appreciate all the accurate step by step photos you put up. A pretty good part of our day is spent mulling over each others ideas that we get from your thread and others alike for builds we plan to start whenever we get home. Thanks again, and we can't wait to see this rig completed! Keep up the awesome work.

Thanks, Look for a bunch of pictures in about a week. I get the tranny back Monday, and it will start coming together pretty fast after that. Thank you for your service, and stay safe out there.

Started by patching the holes in the fire wall, then dropped the new motor into its' brand new home. No issues, but it is a tight fit. Took a little longer than I thought it would. Trying to be careful with the cleanest portion of this build so far.
engine5.jpg

engine7.jpg

engine6.jpg

engine4.jpg

engineb3.jpg

awesome work on the valve covers.. very unique

Thanks, I hope to have so many custom touches, that you will have to walk around the car several times to see them all.

Love the stance. Looking real good.
Thanks, still fine tuning, and I may have to add a leaf to the front, the engine is heavy, and brings it down a little more than I wanted.

Worked on the cage, and will start in on the floor, and bed. Intake will have to wait for parts to come in.

Latest posts

Back