Bonehead is back to work

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the trunk too, looking really really good!

Thank you. Still doing detailed work. This is not a car you can spend 20 minutes with, and come away thinking you have seen everything.

The 'strongbox' gas tank cover is truly a work of art on its own. Another fine piece of work [cl[cl.

The Strong Box is what I was going for, and glad you picked up on that. Thank you

Another two clappers for the tank cover.[cl[cl

I am down to a few finishing items, but trying hard not to cut any corners, and still provide outstanding details. The tank and cover were part of the plan from the start. The trap door that opens above the rear axle looks like the door that drops under the gallows. It opens the wrong way, but still has that feel.
Thanks for giving me the clappers, it could have been worse. :D

very cool work on the tank! u definitely have skills, but I think we all know that [cl

The tank is of course killer. You even detailed the battery tray and hold down that few will ever see?!?! Your really making the rest of us look bad. Well, even more bad.

I like the worn footprints idea, but doubtful anyone would ever 'get it'.

I can see a problem that will come up with your steering wheel...on a long ride, when you are bored, you will be tempted to stick your finger in the end of one of the gun barrels where it will imedietely get stuck! About that time a stray cow will jump out in front of you leaving the choice of A: hitting it or B: turning the wheel and breaking your finger....[S What? these things don't happen to you guys? Weird...Lol :D

Cool steering wheel!
Are the lines (cuts) that don't go all the way through, done with a Plasma and gouging tip or something else?

I used to do that by cutting the lines all the way through, then welding them back on the back side. It is plasma, Some machines can do it, and others can't. Very hard on tips.

Latest posts

Back