Car clubs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Car clubs sound like such a great idea, but they always seem to fall apart. Belonged to one around here a while back. It had the reputation of a lot of infighting.new people took over and it was a really good club for a few years and then the fighting started! The pres and their group split, others like myself just got tired of all the drama and left also. I haven't heard of too many clubs that don't fight unfortunately!....CR

Never belonged to a car club, but a few years ago a new woodworking club was starting in town, since I do that for a living I thought I check it out.First meeting there are like one or two guys that are complete bullsh$%%s and just ramble on the entire time and no one else can get a word in.So that was the first and last meeting for me. I cant stand people that think they know everything,yet have not ever really build anything,and monopolize the whole meeting.That was my club experience.

car clubs

Thanks for the heads up on the fairgrounds swap meet next weekend.
I think we all belong to the same club it's called R.R.R.C.C. at least thats where I hang out getting and giving info. that may help other's and myself. I thought C.C.'s were for helping other's out, and keeping the sport alive, not about the petty bickering over who has the coolest or the best, we are all here for a reason, and we get along pretty good. just my .02 worth.

I guess a lot of it depends on how much of a group type person you are. I like people but tend to want to do my own thing instead of doing what a bunch of others are doing. Just like some guys love having all their buddies over to mess around with their cars and others like working all alone. I am in the latter catelgory.

The Poorboys are one club that seem to be all friends and get along well with no drama. They seem pretty tight knit. But to me, belonging to a club is too much like going to work...........someone is expecting you to be somewhere at a certain time and do things together. :) The other problem is that 1/10 of the members do all the work and the rest just sit back and do nothing.

Don

Latest posts

Back