Checking in from So Cal...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Twister

Ive been into all types of wheeled modifications all my life. I run our family business which is a fabrication / mfg. facility. We build Hot Rods to long travel Sand Cars to Off Road race vehicles to Extreme Crawlers. We do our thing in San Diego and enjoy the rat scene. For the most part all great guys and gals. Just wanted to stay up to speed on whats going on in the world of rats. I have lots of personal projects going on right now. 30 model a coupe, 40 ford coe, 48 plymouth, and lots more. check out the web site for a better feel for what we do @ www.bengelsoff-road.com . And a pic of my life. lol looks like a great forum... lots of reading to get caught up on. Oh almost forgot, I found the site surfing the web...

shop.jpg

Last edited:
So Cal

Welcome, I think its good to have someone here who is in it everyday. Unlike me i only get to do it when i have some time not everyday.

52 fordman

There's allot to be said for doing it for enjoyment! When you have to deal with dead lines, rent, materials, employees, etc. It changes it a bit. I still love it, its just different. I find myself enjoying the creative part of the rat rods for my escape and relaxation. Billet is for work, Rust is for play. LOL

Is there any thing in particular you would like to see. I quit taking pics along time ago of my projects. I do take them for my customers and email them progress pics fairly often though. Heres a 28/29 that we should have finished up here in the next couple of weeks... WARNING... Not A Rat Rod!

CopyofShaffersModelA020.jpg

The rack on the back is a caddy for the links. He plans to play golf in Palm Springs on the weekend. He's always wanted to pull up to the country club in his Model A.

CopyofShaffersModelA013.jpg

This is the 5th Model A that ive built dual tanks for. They fill from the original fill hole and now we can get 20 gallons on board without giving up valuable space inside.

shop052.jpg

We use expanded metal over our steel roof ribs for a nice contour to support the foam and rag top.

ShaffersModelA026.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes guys. Like your forum here.

Last edited:
Are you the same Bonehead on OFN. Looks like the same rear shot of your truck I saw over there. Sweet ride! and again thanks for the welcome.:D

Welcome to RRR, Metal Twister. Nice looking shop you got there. Glad to have you with us.

All I can say is sweet. I may have a different perspective being on the outside of the industry, but you are doing what I wish I would have done.

From one newbie to another, welcome.

You never know? There is a lot of truth to the old adage... the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

But I must admit I love what I do, the people that work with me, as well as my customers. Its kind of a cool little world this rodding community. Good Lord willing, we have the best still in front us and yet to come. Im having too much fun to stop now! Thanks for the warm welcomes

Latest posts

Back