Chevy/Reo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It's done in the rear except for tail pipes, license plate and the spare tire, which is optional. It might look better without it.

Gettin' closer.

vintage T, starting in June there is a show in Stillwater every Wednesday. On the main drag 6 blocks north of the bridge, along the river. Couple hundred cars. Every Friday there is a show in North St. Paul, 10 miles farther west with about 600 cars. Looking forward to meeting you.

Probably will never be able to do a Wednesday one, but a Friday show might be doable! What times are these shows?

OH, and that last pic of the back of your car looks great! I'd say to heck with the spare!

Worked at final fitting and attaching the frame covers, side panels and hood top today. Lots of rinky dink fooling around and it is just okay. Gonna have to be good enough.

vintage T, the city fathers don't like to see anyone show up before 6:00, although many do. If you are going some Friday, PM me for information.

I don't mind if the paint gets a little "tacky". I would like it if it is hard to tell when the car was built. And some damage to the paint would contribute to that.

Went to Grag's Thursday picnic tonight and took a few pics of his Anglia project. A page earlier in this thread I posted pics of his '55 Chev project.

It's getting realy close. The only visible work remaining is the exhaust system, which runs along the rockers and windshield.There are a couple dozen other tasks remaining.

A little different angle. Was hoping to drive it to Billetproof in a week but I failed. It will be at Back to the 50's the third week in June however, barring any catastrophies.

This thing is not supposed to look like a hot rod. It is supposed to look like a home built, coach built personal car of the type built in the 1930's and 1940's.

Thanks Todd. The car has your 292 Chevy 6 engine, Offenhauser intake manifold, radiator shell and tail lights. Thanks for the good deal on all the parts.

Thanks guys for the positive comments on the Reo. Scrounging around in the garage attic I came up with a Dodge Ram ornament that seems to be somewhat incomplete. Found a pitted radiator cap, or rather part of one. I made a little platform that looks kinda like a sidewalk surfboard and made a radiator ornament for the Reo. Need to use some short screws for assembly and figure out a way to secure it to the shell. Price was right though.

Very sweet looking, Bob. That old 292 is a great engine. GM used those things to pull some big loads; I saw one in a big C50 with duallys and a flatbed sitting in the boneyard not too long agao.

Spent several weeks on the dragster and finally have it ready to go to the strip tomorrow.
So I'm back picking away on the Reo. Buttoning up all the pieces for the final time. Last week I put the seats in and much to my amazement, I didn't fit in the car! I'm not a big guy so that was a real problem. Had to message the 2" by 4" crossmember that ran directly behind the seat. After two days I gained about 3". Working on bleeding the brakes. Got a leaky wheel cylinder. I need to shrink the transmission tunnel to gain room for my right leg. Apparently I built this car more for looking at than driving. Not too smart.

Latest posts

Back