Chevy/Reo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The wiring is 90% done. Using (new) woven cloth covered wire wherever it shows. Trying to keep the old time look. Spent a day reworking the shifter. I thought it was done last year but I didn't like it. It's better, but still not what I want. Final assembly is going pretty slow as I find things that need to be changed.

Here's the final arrangement of the dash.

Thank you for the encouraging comments, guys.

Since I'm using period looking wire there's no sense in hiding it. I'm 95% done with the wiring. Solder and shrink tube on every connection. Even though this car has nothing but the bare essentials (in fact, some essentials are missing) it still took quite a bit of time to wire it.

I got plastic dipped clips that look better and should hold up better than the Adel clamps I've used for decades.

Started with a Mustang II shifter. Added a length of shift stick discarded from my Rover project transfer case. The MII shifter had a "T" handle with a cable and button to work the detent. I changed it to a rod with a "trigger". The skewed base is necessary because of shoddy workmanship on the trans tunnel. It took me 4 revisons to end up with this. I ain't changing it again.

It's my thread so I can go off topic without getting scolded. right? Went to the every Thursday garage night at Greg's. I've posted pics from there before. Well, he just got his '55 painted. 6-71 blown 355 Chevy. Straight axle. Greg does first class work and this car will be a player.

More off topic. Moved the Anglia to the front garage as I need to replace the header gaskets. Have to pull the front tin to do that.

Did a bunch of cleaning and put away lots of stuff that was laying around. With less clutter this became kind of a nice garage scene. In the pic beside the obvious, is the slant 6 that was in my dragster, the 300 ford 6 block on the engine stand, that will be going in the dragster, a 283 short block for the Rover project, a race Powerglide for the dragster and another slant 6 that is too good to throw away. On the far side of the Anglia are several rebuildable sbc's and a 216 Chevy 6. It sure does collect up, eh?

Been working almost every day on the Reo. I did take a few days out to put header gaskets in the Anglia and straghten the front sheet metal from when my brother ran into the garage door frame. Pedals are very close together.

All the wiring is done and everything works. Driveshaft in, most of the floor installed. Here's the view from the front, except for the hood and side panels. Thinking about adding a fog light or two. Maybe a horn.

I want to drive it to Back to the 50"s the third weekend in June so I have to keep at it.

Yes, zz, my wife is pretty tolerant. Not interested at all in hot rods but she lets me have my fun at it. 50 years together a few weeks ago. Too tired to argue about it anymore, eh?

Amazing build.... And this may not be the right place, but do any of you Minnesotans have any get togethers on the weekends or anything? I'd love the opportunity to get inspired by some of your workings. I'm about two hours from Stillwater across the river...

It's done in the rear except for tail pipes, license plate and the spare tire, which is optional. It might look better without it.

Gettin' closer.

vintage T, starting in June there is a show in Stillwater every Wednesday. On the main drag 6 blocks north of the bridge, along the river. Couple hundred cars. Every Friday there is a show in North St. Paul, 10 miles farther west with about 600 cars. Looking forward to meeting you.

Latest posts

Back