Chevy/Reo?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob,
That seems to happen a lot to me when I clear my painted metal art.
You're right about it not being cured well enough.
Still has a killer look.
Besides that go look in the mirror, wrinkles can be cool!

I use satin clear on shiny chrome too,,,for example,,,,,wheel center cap,,,for a instant dull aged look,,,,,which then matches a older look paint job. also bob you can use steel wool,,or scotch green pads to scuff the sheen off rustoleum.
for those reading this build that are unfamiliar with rustoleum,,they can custom mix quarts in over 100 colors,,,ask for a chip brochure at stores like menards. also they have satin door paint in 20 tints,,a nice hard finish,,,mostly warm colors,,,ask for brochure.

Hi bob. I like your colour. You are going to make brown the new black, just because that is so cool. You've encouraged me to make more stuff out of tin, by watching your tin bashing. You have an eye for the right proportions on your roof. Keep on tinkering.

that will make a killer looking old paint if you wet sand it some and re-clear with flat...[P

[URL=http://s256
Sarge, on the color chart is is Kona. That's all I know.

Bob I was referring to the shoe polish.....you know Cordovan....kind of a off red brown color....it was supposed to be funny.... man am I slippin.... thought you if anyone would get the reference..... oh well.....i'll try harder....:D

Ya know, Sarge, I almost commented about the Cordovan shoe color. I spit shined my cordovan wing tips many times. Or was that Kona???:D

You have to quit expecting me to "get it". I'm in the "losing it" phase of my life.:eek:

Bob....if you're losing it, then I've lost it....

Nobody I know does the stuff you do if their memory isn't intact.....Wingtips....most of these kids around here wouldn't know what those were...lol....had a pair myself..... :D

So if you never "got it" then you can't possibly "Lose it".... Or did I get it then lost it....now I forgot what it was in the first place! wheres my darn hush puppies....Lol

Listen.....

I'm already confused enough as it is.....then you come in with all this "if you lose it" crap and now I'm lost.....next thing you'll be asking "if a tree falls in the forest..and there is no one there to hear it....does it make a noise".....??
As for me....it's simply a matter of future firewood.... [S

I put a bunch of matte clear on with spray cans. Looks great if you like tiger stripes in clear. It should level out with a little abrasive rubbing.
Got the rear brakes on and got the fronts partially done along with steering arms and tie rod. The wheel cylinder kits I bought from a vintage Mopar parts company were for a different bore so I had to go shopping today.

Still waiting for a flex plate, then the engine and trans can go in. This thing doesn't need to be done til Spring so I am going to work on a couple other projects at the same time.

Now that the Rover is totally disassembled and stored for a while I am back on the Reo. Slow going on final assembly. I went over the door trim and the belt line trim with a belt sander trying to get the scratches out. Was somewhat successful. Then I DA'd it with 80 grit to kill the shine, hide the scratches a bit.

Sarge, I put matte clear on it because it was very glossy. Had to hide the bad body work.

Also got the rear shocks and tail lights mounted. Now working on the steering box and drag link install. Received the flex plate, finally, so the engine and trans can go in soon.

Latest posts

Back