coilover shocks $$$

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fuzz

Livin' the rat roddin' lifestyle
Why has the price of coilovers gotten so high? Even Speedway coilovers are up. Qa1 $400 for a kit, Carrera $369, Pro small body kit $289. Plus shipping .
Will have to use thier basic coil kit for the rear suspension, won't be as cool looking but my project has a small budget.

$9 each at Pick-n-Pull. They were so cheap I bought 2 pair, sold the other pair and got my total investment back. Rear coilovers off a '79 Jag XJ6. It comes with 4.

P9010060.jpg

2.3 has a good option, but if your looking for new check out Lindblad Chassis. They advertise in of Street Rodder and Rod & Custom magazines. No website, but the phone number is 508-234-8283. $120 a piece for new adjustable shocks with springs

I've gone with Aldan coilover for their life time guarantee. Good company and stands by their product. When mine sprung a leak, they rebuilt them at no charge.

Fair warning on the Jag coilovers - they are stiff stiff STIFF!!! Way too much for a hot rod IMO. Remember, that Jag is a heavy hunk of a car, so they are made accordingly. Put them on a light hot rod and they will have you riding like a buckboard wagon. I tried to save a few bucks too - Ask me how I know... :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back