complicated 29

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

well i was building this car for a guy a couple years ago and he got in over his head, and one thing let to another and i took over ownership. then sold it to a new customer and am building again.

first time around i was going to run a jag. v12 had the frame all set up for it. it was going to be on air front and rear.. the new owner wants low with no air ride, small block with a muncie.. so pretty much started over. cut the front rails off. made some new tapered front rails, new rear end. kind of getting ahead of myself on the build. i am working on the floor skeleton while i wait on parts to show up . here is where i am now

tapering the front frame rails,
DSCN2413.jpg

DSCN2414.jpg

DSCN2416.jpg

DSCN2417.jpg

new rails on the old frame
DSCN2421.jpg

DSCN2422.jpg

thanks for the kind words guys!! also i have some openings in my schedule if anyone needs anything built or worked on. sorry that i am shameless self promoter lol

I could weld that good....Okay so I couldnt. LOL;)

You do some kool work dude. Im in Chillicothe and one of these days Im gonna cruise up n chk out yer shop. RR:D

thanks for all the compliments, i didnt get a hole done on it today, besides deciding the rear end the guy brought me is not going to work in this application. usually 51 inches is idea to put under a model a but since i channeled this one so hard it is tad to narrow so the rear end is on hold. got all the pieces for the mock up block and muncie. so i hope i make something happen tomorrow and get some parts in soon......

those welds are just average fast welds, i didnt take my time to make them look perfect since they will be covered with filler. here are some examples of what i do if i am not going to grind them down or cover them up
shop107.jpg

DSCN2438.jpg

made a little progress over the week end, not a ton but had to work on some other customer cars. got the motor mounts mocked up...i am kinda going for the look of the mounts looking like i used part of an i beam axle, and the hole to follow the rest of the gussets and brackets
002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back