complicated 29

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the 27 t left today so i had a chance to work on the model a for a while, got the trans mount all fabbed up and the front suspension mostly mocked up. just need to get the tie rods in

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

worked on this one some more today, got some carbs thrown on the intake, spindles, hubs and wheels. got one side of the wishbones mounted through the frame, there will be a removable recessed cover to access the tie rod nut and cotter pin.

013.jpg

014.jpg

011.jpg

009-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

007-2.jpg

015.jpg

I just found this post and really enjoyed going through your photos. I spent the day in my shop scratching my head, but now I have a few ideas! Thanks for taking the time to post pictures.

Just like everyone else said, the fab work looks great. What kind of tie rod ends are you using? Can you show a picture of how you have the front spring mounted to the radius arms?

here are some updated photos, got it on the ground today, taking to Cincinnati's Cavalcade of customs in January as mocked up roller. still have tons to do before then

005-19.jpg

006-19.jpg

007-15.jpg

014-4.jpg

015-5.jpg

016-5.jpg

Just like everyone else said, the fab work looks great. What kind of tie rod ends are you using? Can you show a picture of how you have the front spring mounted to the radius arms?

Ditto - could you plz post a pic of how you mounted the front spring to the bones?? Great work, btw!!

yeah she will be low low, about a 5.5 in ride height. thanks for all the compliments,i guess not to not bad for a 24 year old lol, and here is a pic of how the spring is attached to the bones, still need to machine some spacers and other things but good enough for mock up

0062.jpg

mr gusset, your more than welcome to hang out with our little crew that will be there. i might have an after party of some sort saturday night at my shop

Cornfield, in the first picture, how did you cut that wedge shaped piece out of the frame tubing. I have to do the same thing for the rpu I am going to put together, and have wrestled with a sawzall, cutoff wheel, bandsaw, plasma cutter, etc. Not sure yet, and it looks like you got a nice clean cut.

Don

Latest posts

Back