complicated 29

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a used compressor not sure what it is but it works good, not sure on what size shocks yet, when i pull the body back off i will measure it all out and pick some up.

made some more progress today, got half of the roof skin louvered, still needs some final finesse but looks killer. also started welding some 1/4 round around the hole in the hood to give a more finished edge

004-37.jpg

003-39.jpg

002-46.jpg

001-51.jpg

Is that a customers car or a shop build that will be for sale soon?...cuz i maybe interested in buying it if its for sale. :)

nice!

l really like the grille filler[dr the roof louvered like that is awsome!

on my 33 dodge l am putting in a piece of clear lexan in the roof hole for that see thru effect.

Later:cool:

it is a customer car, but i have another 29 model a sedan body that i am willing to sell to a customer and then build it for them as well. if your interested let me know

At 3 bucks a louver that's an expensive insert. lol It sure gives the A a look all its own. I was worried you'd get one louver crooked and have to start over.:eek:

Will the panel pull down easlily around the perimeter with all the rigidity caused by the louvers?

i am going to shrink some of the edges where it does not fit well and get it looking good. i did mess one panel 35 louvers in but that was not to bad.

i do all my louvers for 75 cents per louver for anything under 100 and 50 cents for more than a hundred. but since i am building this entire car i did it on my hourly rate for this customer

finally getting back on this car, the owner bought a new house and the car was put on hold for a while. started working on the floor

cardboard templates for the floor
DSCN4998.jpg

DSCN4999.jpg

fitting the sheet metal
DSCN5000.jpg

DSCN5003.jpg

DSCN5005.jpg

access hole to get to the body mount bolt, and made the cover for it
DSCN5001.jpg

DSCN5002.jpg

started forming the rear section of tunnel
DSCN5006.jpg