Cool old junkyard pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnrodder

For your viewing pleasure! this old yard is from the 50s and closed in the early 70s. its not open to the public but Im really nice to the elderly lady whose father owned it.She lets me get a few parts but i have to be careful not to wear out my welcome 100_0897 (Medium).jpg

100_0899 (Medium).jpg

100_0900 (Medium).jpg

100_0901 (Medium).jpg

I don't know how you picked the cab you got, there are a bunch of good ones there. I showed my 14 yearold the Super Bee, he said it was sad to see it sitting there like that. I raised him right.

Thats cool Bonehead,my 15 year old is into muscle cars too.he doesnt understand why we cant build him one to drive to school. I told him one word INSURANCE. but we may build a sleeper like an early sixties falcon. I think the superbee burnt early in its life.it is completly rusted away. I was going to cut the quarter panel off to hang on the wall but it was to far gone for that. most of the cabs are really rusty too,dashes ,door jambs,etc. mine is mostly in the lower 3 inches of the cab and i could always trim that off if i dont repair it.

Cool Pics, but the strangest thing that I saw was that train in the background. We don't have them around here anymore. They have even taken up the tracks. Thanks for sharing. HB

Sorry 35, someone else will have to chime in with some ideas, it took me 2 days just to figure out how to post these . If someone has a suggestion I will be happy to try to repost. My son says I ned to stick to cars and leave the computer alone.

Hey tnrodder! - Tell me you bought all those truck cabs? Man, I saw one or two that would make a great project. Good thing I don't know where they are! LOL!!! I'm only 18 miles away!!

Hey Thunder1 I only bought 1(the one with the sign on the doors). I looked thru them for the better part of a day but the others are so rusty you can poke a hole in them with your finger. I have never seen vehicles rust so consistently.I even thought about cutting them up for panels but they are pretty bad. They look a lot better in the pictures.

Latest posts

Back