Cops visited us tonight.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I live in a small town, pop.3,000, and up until we got a new police chief, about two years ago, we had mostly older, out of shape, "old school" officers. They thought it was their town and you had to go by their rules. The new chief has brought in young, energetic, professional cops and there's a world of difference.
I had an old rusted out '70 AMC Rebel that I stuck a 460 Ford in and used as a work car. After the rust got so bad, I quit driving it and let the tags run out. Well, it didn't take six weeks until I got a letter saying I had to get rid of the "nuisance and danger to public health". I trucked on down to the PD and talked the the Chief. I told him the city ordinance states it has to have inspection OR tags to sit around and has to be operational. I still had a legal inspection sticker and it still ran. He got very p**sed off about that. Said go home and I'm sending an officer over to see it operate. So, I went home and the little short fat Sargent showed up and said he wanted to see "that piece of s**t" move on it's own power. I wasn't too happy about his choice of words but I fired it up and moved it up and down the driveway. I cut it off, got out, pointed to the street and told him "now, get your a** off my property and don't come back". It was his turn to get upset. He threatened to throw my butt in jail if he ever saw that car on the road again and a few others. I started laughing and pointed to the street again. It sure would have made a good video. Anyway, the old cops are gone and the younger, new ones, have a good reputation and have the respect they deserve. I just hope, after 20-30 years on the job, they don't turn out like the last bunch. That's all.

Cops should refrain from using profanity...

The new Chief should do something about the Sgt's "attitude" although from what you said, it pee'd him off too....you being right about the ordinance..that is..:D Regardless of how people push my buttons, I try to not lose my cool nor act unprofessionally.....Hope the new kids on the block remain cool....but if the Chief and Sgt. are hot heads who are always right..chances are, it will start to work into the new kids too....sorry to say :(

You're right sgt. But, the Chief got retired and the Sgt. went with him. I think all of the "original" dept are gone. Maybe the Investigator is still there. He's cool anyway.
Being a small town, everybody pretty much knows what each other is doing. They know when I push my Ghia out from under the shed, it's fixing to make some noise. So far, I haven't gotten a visit like Don did. Heck, everybody knows what I'm doing, most of the time, before I do.:)

yeah, know what you mean....

Heck, I'm "uncle Tim" to so many kids around here that people sometimes look at me strange when I'm making a stop and a kid passing by stops and says "Hey Uncle Tim, how you doing"? Guess it's better than them yelling obsentities at me..LOL

Heck, I'm "uncle Tim" to so many kids around here that people sometimes look at me strange when I'm making a stop and a kid passing by stops and says "Hey Uncle Tim, how you doing"? Guess it's better than them yelling obsentities at me..LOL

It must feel good that they show you some respect....something that seems to be missing today!

Latest posts

Back