Couple pics

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the professor

Hey Gastrick, here's another wild 2cv. By the way, I was thumbing through some old Popular Mechanics I have( Actually they're Mecánica Popular, cause it's the Latin American edition) and I came across this article about Jimmy engines. There's a picture of a cool 51 Chevy and also a racer of some sort. The magazine is from May 54. Hope you guys like'em.

Attachments

• Racer.jpg
    Racer.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Chevy.jpg
    Chevy.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 53
Mr. Professor, That 2CV is wild! I never would have thought one could be used in that manner. Great imagination.

Professor, that 2cv you posted is trick. I really like it. Thanks for the pics of the lakes racer and the Chevy too. I love that stuff.

There you go, dawg

Hope they work for you now, man. Thanks for the other picture, earthman. I don't know what to do with the 2 cv yet. I'm looking for some American car. You know how it goes, you want what you can't have...

Attachments

• CHEVY.jpg
    CHEVY.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 8
  • RACER.jpg
    RACER.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 13
  • WORKING.jpg
    WORKING.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 22
Wow. I've never seen one of those before. It kind of looks like an old teardrop camper trailer with doors. :D

More 2 cv + a bit of writing

I was checking out the April Cartoon, and saw how Harleyboy and Bob W felt about the younger generation of car lovers and how difficult it is for them to pass the love of rods and old cars in general on to those guys. I say they shouldn't worry 'cause someone will pick up the message, someone always does. I got the love of cars from my Dad. He was a real car nut, not one to get his hands gritty, he didn't know how to use a screwdriver, but he loved driving and the sound of a Ford V8. He used to tell me about the Turismo Carretera races from when he was a kid, when Fangio and the Galvez brothers went all the way through South America from Buenos Aires to Caracas, racing in their 38, 40, 41 Fords and Chevys through deserts and the Andes. Dad was a hardcore Ford fan, but he had to admit Fangio, a Chevy driver, was the king, of course he wouldn't tell his friends! His dad used to drive a 38 Ford coupe and then later a 46 Hudson, which Dad told me was the fastest car he rode on until he bought his VW Passat in 99. I think that's how it goes, maybe just talking at the beginning, telling stories, and the rest will come with time. Dad passed away a little more than a year ago, at 68, and we were making plans of buying some old coupe to restore together as soon as he got out of hospital. Things didn't turn out that way, but his inspiration remains, although it will not be a Ford or Chevy for the time being, but a humble 2cv, but at least it will give me something to do with my son, who is four years old now and loves the Citroen. So, Harleyboy and BobW, be sure there's people who are listening to what you have to say, at least one down here in Argentina!
By the way here are a some more pix of 2 cvs. I'm gonna keep posting them till one of you guys decides to track one down in the States and uses their imagination on it. These are by a guy in Holland. I should be starting with mine soon. Cheers

Attachments

• 2cvhotrod3.jpg
    2cvhotrod3.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 2cvhotrod4.jpg
    2cvhotrod4.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 46
I found the website of a 2 cv dealership in the States. It's www.2cvrus.com. They're located in Oregon, I think. I'm not sure what prices 2 cvs command in the States, but most probably you'll be able to buy something more impressive for the same amount of money, since they're an exotic car there. Be warned, the guys at 2cvs R us make a point of removing all the rusty parts from the cars they sell...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back