DDT - Damn Dodge Truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't believe they didn't center the gauges to the steering wheel.
20150523_181921 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

lots of set-back
20150523_192040 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

I actually did something!
20150525_103112 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

I welded in the tubes for the middle body mounts (I'm doing 6 for the cab)
20150524_154353 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Then welded in a crossbar at the rear of the door opening that will be two more body mount locations.
20150525_140547 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Since I'm no longer doing the dropped down floor thing, I think I'm going to put some tube in the rocker area to make the front body mounts easier to attach
20150525_140620 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Dad challenged me to drive it to Frog Follies in 3 months. I don't know if it can be done....but it sure would be nice to make some real progress.

I can't believe they didn't center the gauges to the steering wheel.
20150523_181921 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

And it's kinda irritating driving down the road. I moved my steering
column over a little.
Glad to see you working on it again.
Hope you win the three month challenge. I don't think I'd want to work
that hard.

I think I'm gonna move the column to the center of the speedo. I plan on redoing the bottom of the dash anyways. I have the idea to put the top of another dash on the bottom.

That sounds interesting! Don't forget the pics.

The other dash is from a WC54 military ambulance. It has cut outs for regular stewart warner hot rod sized gauges. I may swap that dash panel in too (flipped upside down). looking at this pic...the mystery steering wheel may be WC54 too.

WC-54Dash.jpg

WC-54PassengerSide.jpg

Thats a sweet column drop u got :rolleyes:

Ill be watching.. good luck on the 3 month build.. we all know I definitely couldn't pull that off

F-1 is the same thing with the gauges and the steering column. Looking at centering mine as well but don't want to cut up the dash to do it.
You got lots of projects going flipper.[cl :D
Torchie

F-1 is the same thing with the gauges and the steering column. Looking at centering mine as well but don't want to cut up the dash to do it.
You got lots of projects going flipper.[cl :D
Torchie

I think I'm gonna put everything else on hold and concentrate on this one - - -says the guy with hot rod A-D-D.

No turning back now....

IMG_7124 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

I'm leaving the functional stuff where it is....I thought about shaving everything, but I still plan on running the stock ugly fuel rails (I don't want the rails to stand out any more than they do now). I'm shooting for something that looks like it could be OEM...just prettier.
IMG_7125 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

What I want it to look like
cGs5z0K.jpg

Last edited:
Nice work Flipper. What do you use to weld plastic? Way out of my area
of limited know how.

My soldering gun has a paddle shaped tip that came with it for welding plastic.

It is a slow process to melt down deep and then walk a puddle around a plastic plug. The plugs and filler material came from the stuff I cut off of the manifold.

Latest posts

Back