Different rod idea

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That BIG SUM-Beech drinks GAS...O-my- God...

You might want to go ahead and start buying fuel...And maybe check the price of a radiator......FOR A TRAIN.....

That BIG SUM-Beech drinks GAS...O-my- God...

You might want to go ahead and start buying fuel...And maybe check the price of a radiator......FOR A TRAIN.....

No radiator. They are air cooled ...like an old VW bug.

There are two big assed fans that pull air up through the cylinder fins and blow straight up.

bigmofosaturday.jpg

If you look close, you'll notice the finned cylinders and tin work to direct airflow.

intakeweb.jpg

FYI.... the intakes are on the outside of the motor and the exhaust comes out the top

Last edited:
WOW.

Keep us posted on what you are doing with it. If you get it in something and get it running, whatever you do "DO NOT" hit second gear too hard, It is liable to break yo neck.......

That thing would have to have a hydrostatic tranny.....OMG

TILT.....TILT.....TILT......
Information over load....Imagination overload...

Headache on the way.....

I've been collecting parts for at least three years.

When I find a deal, I pick something else up.

Right now, I'm looking for SUPER HEAVY DUTY 4 LINK components. A big motor and a heavy vehicle (10,000 lbs?) is gonna tear some **** up when I abuse it.

Like I said,
You may have to build something around the drivetrain.

SIDENOTE: may not be a good idea to make it a mid engine much less a rear engine....

I also have a 1938 Seagrave
i-2BL.jpg

A 1940 Seagrave
IM000258.JPG

And a 1950 Seagrave
IMAG0076.jpg

Firetrucks are cheap toys if you have the space and equipment to work on big stuff.

I can't save them all, but I can save a few. Prices ranged from free to $650 (well below scrap value).

The 1950 actually was bought from a metal recycling center....the guy didn't have it in him to scrap it and sold it for $450. It came from Nashville, TN

The rusty white one actually runs and drives. The previous owner started to restore it and had health problems and it sat outside for a couple of years. All of the missing pieces in the photo, came with the truck. It was the free one. It came from Kansas City, MO

The purple one was $350. I bought it because it had such a unique windshield (never saw another one like it). Did research on it and found out thet at one time it had a roof on it. This is the truck when it left the factory. I went to Colorado for it.
book2.JPG

The 1938 was the first one. It was bought on ebay on a whim for $650. It came from Atlanta, GA

Gas was cheap back when I got all of them. I couldn't do it today.

Latest posts

Back