Down in Mississippi and up to no good...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlickFreak

Hey everyone!

After years of wanting to, I've started gathering parts to build myself a rat rod. So far it will be late model by Rat Rod standards. A 65 f100 cab and chassis, I plan to chop and channel it and power will come from a 97 power stroke diesel. so far the bill is 520 and two cases of beer... I plan on using a dually rear and tires. I have to decide weather to shorten a 64 stepside bed I have and fab a radiator housing(or find one) to go fenderless, or shorten a unibody bed and lengthen the cowl. I'm going to use a big rig fuel tank in the bed and a stack straight off the back of the turbo... I can't wait to get it rollin...

Welcome to RRR!

So, by your sig, how many Slicks ya got? I've got a 63. You gotta show pics.

... I have to decide weather to shorten a 64 stepside bed I have and fab a radiator housing(or find one) to go fenderless, or shorten a unibody bed and lengthen the cowl...

Huh? Not sure I quite understood that part.

Welcome to RRR!

So, by your sig, how many Slicks ya got? I've got a 63. You gotta show pics.

Huh? Not sure I quite understood that part.

61 250 Uni, 62 step side, 62 uni(parts truck rusted to bits), 64 short styleside, 65 cab, 66 cab, 66 step side, 66 F600, 66 F250 crew cab, 66 F350 crew cab. 67 step side. I have less than 1000 in each except one, I have about 1600 in it.

I'm not sure if I want to make it fenderless, more traditional, or build it like a hot wheels car I had as a kid(still have somewhere. It was called 'short order'. I'll snap a pic and show you.

If you used the wider F600 fenders, and grafted the flareside fenders onto the styleside bed, you could get that.

Thought thats what you meant about the cowl. Cool idea. - I might photochop something up for ya. Personally, I can't see a fenderless looking real good.

If you used the wider F600 fenders, and grafted the flareside fenders onto the styleside bed, you could get that.

Thought thats what you meant about the cowl. Cool idea. - I might photochop something up for ya. Personally, I can't see a fenderless looking real good.

HaHA!

I actually have that stuff already, but it's to build a 66 f600 crew cab dually....

welcome aboard slick! own a 66 f-100 myself (had it for 19 yrs.) have also aquired a unibody and a 65 parts truck....so i love these models as well....[cl

will be looking for a build thread soon!![P[P

OK, I know it's a little late, but what the heck.

You better have a inline12 to fill up that hood!

Attachments

• 1965F-100_timelinel.jpg
    1965F-100_timelinel.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back