Rat Rod bug done bit me!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aboz66

Greetings all. Aboz here from Charlotte, N.C. I've been working on a 1977 280Z restoration since last year and all of a sudden the Rat Rod bug got me! I'm sick of sanding and doing bodywork!! I want rust, dents and patina....unfortunately as far as I'd like to build a chopped and nasty '32 Ford there's not a whole lot of anything in my neck of the woods that's pre 60's to choose from to build a "classic" rat rod so here's my plan....1984 Corvette C4 chassis with a sliced up, chopped '64-'66 Chevy C10 cab, hood, fenders and step side bed. Fabbed metal fender flairs riveted to the hood that resemble a '64 Vette, a louvered metal "hatchback" that opens like an early 50's Dodge butterfly hood....all powered by.....a 1964 Ford 223 inline six!! Crazy you say? Of course it is!!...but it's all I got! Any suggestions from the peanut gallery will be considered. Illustrations to follow....

OMG... u're in BIG trouble now! Once that rust gets in u're blood... u're doomed!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

Rat Rod Bug!

...yeah the straight six may have to await another project. It's just all I have at the moment. Might look into mid 90's Chevy truck engines with a manual transmission. They're all over the Pull A Part. Any suggestions?

Latest posts

Back